F1 wdc

Ponty

I would normally advise against betting on the Formula One World Championship, but Jenson Button's BrawnGP001 is looking very, very fast. Unless they're courting sponsorship they are so far ahead of everyone else, in terms of race simulation pace, that the rather long odds (between 66 and 80 to 1 I've seen today) look very tempting for a small punt on Jensen or Reubens for the drivers' championship.

My caveat would be that a lot of teams will never run a low fuel quali simulation in Winter testing and Button may be running without a 30kg KERS unit installed and no replacement ballast, giving around 80kg of unladen advantage. BGP say they're not running light and insist we're seeing true pace. If that's the case, they'll be light years ahead in Melbourne.

i'm sorry, have i been in a coma and missed 10 or 11 races? i'm not knocking your suggestion to have a punt on Benjamin Button, but the odds now being quoted are outrageous!! 9/4? is a disgrace...

good luck to thems that have got on at a good price tho

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...