Khan v Barrera

AndyNorthernSaints

What do people think will happen then?

I think Khan is not even the best lightweight in Greater Manchester and will get knocked out again.

Agreed, Khan's chin will let him down. Barrera even at 34 is a class act and once he gets to the body then Khan doesn't stand a chance. I'm even going for a punt on this one - you can get 25-1 on a Barrera stoppage from rounds 4-9 and that's got to be worth it. I just can't see Khan operating at long distance for the entire fight and once he gets tagged then he's done.

Course Khan will probably prove me wrong now.....Having said that looking at the Juan manuel Marquez V juan Diaz fight a couple of weeks ago shows just what a gulf in class there is between Khan and real quality.

Agreed, Khan's chin will let him down. Barrera even at 34 is a class act and once he gets to the body then Khan doesn't stand a chance. I'm even going for a punt on this one - you can get 25-1 on a Barrera stoppage from rounds 4-9 and that's got to be worth it. I just can't see Khan operating at long distance for the entire fight and once he gets tagged then he's done.

Course Khan will probably prove me wrong now.....Having said that looking at the Juan manuel Marquez V juan Diaz fight a couple of weeks ago shows just what a gulf in class there is between Khan and real quality.

Cheers for the tip. I'm off to the bookies tomorrow.

Can't see it going much further then 3 rounds to be honest. I'm Expecting Glassjaw to be firmly put on his ass once again.

33-1 for a stoppage in the first three rounds. I think Khan will be schooled enough by Roach to avoid Barrera for the first half of the fight though. For me it's a 7th or 8th round KO for Barrera and easy money for the baby face assassin. Incidentally can anyone remember Barrera V Morales 1? Now that was a hell of a fight.

And the second fight in the trilogy...

Yeah, strange that Barrera should have one the 1st one and Morales the 2nd yet the judges scored it the other way. Both cracking fights and a million miles from where Khan is - outside of Frank Warren does anyone believe Khan stands a chance? has there ever been a prospect with such a weak chin? say what you like about recent hopefuls and champions but the great thing about world beaters is you don't doubt their punch resistance. Look at Calzaghe sure he slapped but he never gave you the impression he couldn't recover from a good punch. I don't have any confidence in Khan at all.

I think Khan has a chance, depending on whether he has the patience to execute Roach's fight plan and also depending on how Barrera is. His last couple of fights have been pretty low key, so it's difficult to tell what kind of level he's been at.

Barrera is one of my favs and is one of the reasons i started boxing. The guy is a complete legend. 7 time world champion, 3 weight world champion. I have met the guy and he is such a nice person, very friendly and approachable, very respectful and humble. In contrast you listen to Khan and he is the total opposite, a lippy little gob ****e who talks like he has done everything. Reading his comments recently about how he say's he will retire MAB and become a better fighter then him just makes me even more sure Barrera will be more focused for this fight then he has recently. Khan is a nobody, he has speed and that is it, takes more then that to be a fighter. If he goes in against Barrera with the same attitude he has shown in all his previous fights he will end up in hospital. One slight mistake and Barrera will fully take advantage of it.

I see Khan doing the hit and run move through the start of the fight and will look the better boxer. But at somepoint Barrera will hit him and the question is how Khan does with that. If Khan can take it then he could go on to win.

But i think Barrera will school him and teach him a boxing lesson, teach him to respect the legends of the sport. Personally i see it as a bad bad night for Khan, a devastating beating at the hands of the Baby Faced Assassin. The one thing i will give Khan credit for is he hasen't done what most Warren fighters do after they lose and return to fighting bums every few months. If Khan can win the he has a chance at becoming a champion. But even a Barrera at only 50% is better then a Khan at 100%. So i see a Barrera knockout in round 8, ending the Khan myth once and for all.

Unlucky, St Marco.

Still say Kahn has speed and nothing else? Moronic black-and-white view. Clearly not the case. He's evidently worked hard on his defence, and it was a performance that had a maturity he has previously lacked. Barrera wasn't at his best, and is long past his prime, but Kahn hit well, protected that glass jaw of his and moved too well for Barrera tonight.

Unlucky, St Marco.

Still say Kahn has speed and nothing else? Moronic black-and-white view. Clearly not the case. He's evidently worked hard on his defence, and it was a performance that had a maturity he has previously lacked. Barrera wasn't at his best, and is long past his prime, but Kahn hit well, protected that glass jaw of his and moved too well for Barrera tonight.

Mate Khan was lucky. Mornoic black and white view? Don't be a idiot. Khan has been put on his back by complete bums, journey men who have been put in to be fed to him. Are you telling me that Rachid Drilzane,Willie Limond, Michael Gomez and of course Prescott are all superb fighters because they put Khan down?

Barrera had a gigantic cut after being head butted. I would love to see how well you do in the ring against anybody if you have blood stinging your eye and can't see fook all. Even with that Khan never looked like putting Barrera down, his shots looked weak. He has speed and nothing else, i will repeat that for you, he has speed and nothing else. If the cut had not happened Khan would of tired himself out with his hand waving to the crowd exploits.

If he gets in the ring with a Marquez,Diaz,Corrales,Mayweather,Pacman, hell even a Castillo. They will splatter him all over the ring. Khan is over-rated, it is Ordinary Harrison part 2 trust me.

Mate Khan was lucky. Mornoic black and white view? Don't be a idiot. Khan has been put on his back by complete bums, journey men who have been put in to be fed to him. Are you telling me that Rachid Drilzane,Willie Limond, Michael Gomez and of course Prescott are all superb fighters because they put Khan down?

Barrera had a gigantic cut after being head butted. I would love to see how well you do in the ring against anybody if you have blood stinging your eye and can't see fook all. Even with that Khan never looked like putting Barrera down, his shots looked weak. He has speed and nothing else, i will repeat that for you, he has speed and nothing else. If the cut had not happened Khan would of tired himself out with his hand waving to the crowd exploits.

If he gets in the ring with a Marquez,Diaz,Corrales,Mayweather,Pacman, hell even a Castillo. They will splatter him all over the ring. Khan is over-rated, it is Ordinary Harrison part 2 trust me.

Agree with you there. Very dissapointed that a head butt in the 1st round ruined a potential great fight as Barrera was obviously affected by blood streaming into his eye from 1st round. Would have been interesting to see if Khan could have kept up his tempo later in the fight. No doubt Khan will somehow get a world title fight despite not fighting for british or european belts which is a shame.

I agree, everyone thought Khan would take the first half of the fight anyway so it doesn't prove much. We never got to see what would happen when MAB got into the fight and were robbed of decent fight.

I agree with the above as I didn't learn anything new about Khan from last nights fight. The fight should have been stopped after the second round. It's ridiculous to try and fight with blood in your one eye, it's not just the practical problems with that but it must have distracted Barrera too.

Khan has also shown that he has no respect, the comments he has made since the fight show that he's due another big fall from grace. Barrera is a ring legend and for Khan to talk down about him like he has just shows what an arrogant fool he is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7944532.stm

Khan said: "It seemed like I didn't really get out of second gear. I used my brains and boxed him, it seemed so easy. I took him apart, made him look ordinary.

"He was tired and frustrated, you could see it in his face. He didn't want to be in there after three or four rounds. I hurt him a couple of times and won every round.

"If he had stayed in the fight another two or three rounds he would have got knocked out, brutally."

Ok my take on the whole thing;

I said from the start that beating Barrera actually proved nothing. The Mexican is a blown up featherweight and looked as much. He wasn't as cut (physically not the cut on his head) as if he would have been fighting at Featherweight...i.e his natural weight. He is also a little over the hill now, and should have stayed a retired hall of famer, with his last 5 fights being less than impressive (having lossed 3 of them). And although dangerous Khan should have still taken him.

THAT SAID...In the interest of balance:

Khan looked sharp. His hand speed, head and lateral movement and his 'in-out' combos were better than they ever have been. His hands were coming straight back to his jaw and none of this Nazeem poncy, low hand, showboating was on parade. Freddie Roach has done a very good job and once again got the tactics and timing spot on.

VERDICT:

Khan did look good BUT the fight was over the moment the heads clashed. He didn't go in there expecting to win and to his credit worked for it and stuck to his game plan. That said I still feel there are 7 or 8 guys in this division still that would beat Khan outright.....

I agree with the above as I didn't learn anything new about Khan from last nights fight. The fight should have been stopped after the second round. It's ridiculous to try and fight with blood in your one eye, it's not just the practical problems with that but it must have distracted Barrera too.

Khan has also shown that he has no respect, the comments he has made since the fight show that he's due another big fall from grace. Barrera is a ring legend and for Khan to talk down about him like he has just shows what an arrogant fool he is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7944532.stm

Khan said: "It seemed like I didn't really get out of second gear. I used my brains and boxed him, it seemed so easy. I took him apart, made him look ordinary.

"He was tired and frustrated, you could see it in his face. He didn't want to be in there after three or four rounds. I hurt him a couple of times and won every round.

"If he had stayed in the fight another two or three rounds he would have got knocked out, brutally."

Khan should learn to show some dignity and respect to a ring legend who has achieved more than Khan will ever do in boxing. IMO Khan should fight Thaxton and Murray in domestic fights then fight Prescot who knocked him out in 1st round before talking about world titles.

Khan should learn to show some dignity and respect to a ring legend who has achieved more than Khan will ever do in boxing. IMO Khan should fight Thaxton and Murray in domestic fights then fight Prescot who knocked him out in 1st round before talking about world titles.

Murray would be a decent fight if Khan had the balls for it. Trouble is it wouldn't attract a big enough "non" boxing audience. Thaxton deserves a crack at it as well. I'd love to see Khan fight Juan Manuel Marquez or Juan Diaz though - I wouldn't give him much of a shout against either but it'd be interesting.

I don't think he can fight Precott again as he's now contracted to Frank Warren. I read somewhere that he's won both fights since he beat Khan; winning them both easily. I also read that Prescott only get's paid £900 per fight under Warren.....no wonder Terry Marsh tried to kill him:rolleyes:

The Polish lad 'Tomasz Adamek' is supposed to be a future champion, not sure what weight he is but might be one for Khan in the future.

It seems that that most people think that Khan would have beaten Berrera, even without the cut. For me, I want to see Khan fight someone in his age group who is also looking to become a champion, maybe Berrera just didn't want it like he would have done ten years ago.

I don't think he can fight Precott again as he's now contracted to Frank Warren. I read somewhere that he's won both fights since he beat Khan; winning them both easily. I also read that Prescott only get's paid £900 per fight under Warren.....no wonder Terry Marsh tried to kill him:rolleyes:

The Polish lad 'Tomasz Adamek' is supposed to be a future champion, not sure what weight he is but might be one for Khan in the future.

It seems that that most people think that Khan would have beaten Berrera, even without the cut. For me, I want to see Khan fight someone in his age group who is also looking to become a champion, maybe Berrera just didn't want it like he would have done ten years ago.

Allegedly.

Edited by Deppo