Celtic V Rangers

Thedelldays

Rangers for me. Only because it has been drilled into me by my dad! I wont goto into the politics but think you get my drift

Likewise for me, been to Ibrox a couple of times, awesome ground, Scottish football is just mental anyway, I watched Rangers vs Hibs and all the riot police were about (maybe because Hibs are the 'catholic' team of Edinburgh). I also saw Alloa vs Ayr this season, and they didn't like each other much!

Rangers. I cannae stand the Catholic IRA supporting paddy wannabe c*nts.

Nail on the head there, many moan about the violence Rangers have caused over the years but hearing some of the songs that the Celtic fans sing is sickening....when it's supporting the IRA who, attacked the UK, which Scotland is part of.

Nail on the head there, many moan about the violence Rangers have caused over the years but hearing some of the songs that the Celtic fans sing is sickening....when it's supporting the IRA who, attacked the UK, which Scotland is part of.

You appear to have blue tinted glasses on as the Rangers fans will sing songs in support of the UDA who as a paramilitary organisation have also killed people. Both sets of supporters are equally as pathetic.

You appear to have blue tinted glasses on as the Rangers fans will sing songs in support of the UDA who as a paramilitary organisation have also killed people. Both sets of supporters are equally as pathetic.

Never in mainland Britain, unlike another paramilitary organisation.

Just out of interest how many Celtic fans do you know and how many Celtic games have you been to?

Never in mainland Britain, unlike another paramilitary organisation.

You seem to be missing the point, singing songs in support of paramilitary groups of either persuasion is fairly pathetic, though both clubs have tried joint campaigns to rid themselves as much as they can of the political associations involved, and it is not as bad as it used to be. Also at the end of the day, it is just a song and I know many supporters of both clubs who will sing 'sectarian' songs at a game, but leave the whole issue alone after the match

If pushed I'd say Celtic, because I like a team that plays in green. When I lived in Edinburgh I 'supported' (looked out for the scores of) Hibs for the same reason.

In actual fact though, when I lived in Scotland I couldn't believe how much worse their football was than our own and resented the fact they didn't show the Premiership, meaning I missed Saints tonking ManUre amongst many other highlights.

Scotland is just the biggest nation of glory supporters. Seems everyone, no matter where they are from support one of the two and ignore their local teams who could do with the support. Always want both of them to lose at everything they do as a consequence.

Just like supporting Man U or Chelsea etc if you don't live there, and you could not really be further from the truth, the problem lies in having too many professional teams in Scotland, especially in the West of Scotland, where the large support the Old Firm get is admittedly partly to do with them winning more trophies but also to do in the past with religious issues from years gone by.

Also Scotland as a national team have not exactly covered themselves in glory over the years, but can always manage a decent support for away games, these supporters are mainly drawn from supporters of the smaller teams. I lived in Paisley, therefore I supported St Mirren.