England Squad Announced

Um Bongo

Jimmy Bullard is named :|

Also, Only Walcott, Rooney, Defoe and Heskey named as the attackers.

Doesnt bode too well to be honest!

Goalkeepers:

Robinson (Blackburn),

James (Portsmouth),

Green (West Ham);

Defenders:

Lescott (Everton),

Bridge (Chelsea),

A Cole (Chelsea),

Terry (Chelsea),

Brown (Manchester United),

Ferdinand (Manchester United),

Johnson (Portsmouth),

Upson (West Ham);

Midfielders:

Barry (Aston Villa),

J Cole (Chelsea),

Lampard (Chelsea),

Bullard (Fulham),

Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy),

Downing (Middlesbrough),

Bentley (Tottenham),

Jenas (Tottenham);

Attackers:

Walcott (Arsenal),

Rooney (Manchester United),

Defoe (Portsmouth),

Heskey (Wigan).

Edited by Um Bongo

Seems finally we have a squad picked on current form to me.

Bullard has performed well since coming back from injury and deserves his place IMO. Quite the opposite applies to Owen

I agree. Bullard is the type of player in which we need in the England squad as he has passion and the desire to do well while playing for England.

I like the decisions in which Capello made.. even Walcott included.

I am not happy with Rooney being in the England squad still though.

I agree. Bullard is the type of player in which we need in the England squad as he has passion and the desire to do well while playing for England.

I like the decisions in which Capello made.. even Walcott included.

I am not happy with Rooney being in the England squad still though.

As long as they play Rooney up top rather than drifting off to the left wing etc then im all for it! Not sure on Walcott. Ashton could have been an option too. Not so sure on Jenas either, offers very little different to the rest IMO

Not too bad, ranged from £30 to £60. I went for £40, can only get a max of 5 though which is a bit of pain as we are all split up.

Be warned, I went for £40 tickets for the Germany friendly last year and ended up at the back of the top tier, at it's highest point, how the hell that's a £40 ticket, when I've paid £30 and sat in decent seats, thank god with Englandfans I get £5 off tickets :)

Seems finally we have a squad picked on current form to me.

Jermaine Jenas?

David Beckham?

On form alone, my team would be:

Green

Johnson - Ferdinand - Terry - A Cole

J Cole - Barry - Lumpoflard - Downing

Defoe - Heskey

However, clearly David James isn't going to be dropped going into important qualifying matches, and clearly Wayne Rooney won't be dropped either, despite being utter ****e for England for a long time. Realistically, I'd expect James to be in instead of Green, Brown instead of Johnson, Beckham instead of Downing and Rooney instead of Heskey.

Defoe will score a couple as he's playing against a tinpot nation, which will secure his place for the bigger games, where he will continue to be found out.

Jermaine Jenas?

David Beckham?

Green

Defoe - Heskey

However, clearly David James isn't going to be dropped going into important qualifying matches, and clearly Wayne Rooney won't be dropped either, despite being utter ****e for England for a long time. Realistically, I'd expect James to be in instead of Green, Brown instead of Johnson, Beckham instead of Downing and Rooney instead of Heskey.

Defoe will score a couple as he's playing against a tinpot nation, which will secure his place for the bigger games, where he will continue to be found out.

I always thought you knew football, how on gods earth can you put big fat frank in the team????

I need answers Steve.

I always thought you knew football, how on gods earth can you put big fat frank in the team????

I need answers Steve.

With the central midfield options being him, Jimmy Bullard (clearly not good enough) and Jermaine Jenas (likewise, but without the attitude and commitment), there really wasn't any other option :(

If Gerrard was fit, I'd have him in there instead of Lumpoflard, but he's not...

With the central midfield options being him, Jimmy Bullard (clearly not good enough) and Jermaine Jenas (likewise, but without the attitude and commitment), there really wasn't any other option :(

If Gerrard was fit, I'd have him in there instead of Lumpoflard, but he's not...

Makes you realise why we're so sh*t

Jermaine Jenas?

David Beckham?

Green

Defoe - Heskey

Granty - how can i ever take any of your posts seriously after you included Heskey in an England team ;)

Granty - how can i ever take any of your posts seriously after you included Heskey in an England team ;)

Heskey will stick to his position and is a decent link-up targetman. Rooney tries to be about 5 different players at once, and unfortunately it makes him completely ineffective for England.

Heskey will stick to his position and is a decent link-up targetman. Rooney tries to be about 5 different players at once, and unfortunately it makes him completely ineffective for England.

I'd stick to my position - doesn't mean i should be picked for England.

Not that I can see.

Sugar then. Maybe I am going crazy then. Could have sworn I had posted! :rolleyes:

Ah well, just said that I'm feeling non-pulsed by England and the internationals these days now.

I guess thats what happens when the players themselves dont seem to care and club priorties seem to take more importance than playing for your country these days.

And of course the manager merry go round as well. What a joke, in keeping Sven on in the first place and then appointing McClown. To think the FA could have appointed Hiddink or O'Neil instead. :mad: