SNES

PS1

PS2

XBOX

XBOX360

PS3

PC

never had an N64, Sega Saturn or a 32x

the C64 is still my all time fav with the Amiga a close 2nd. I had hundreds of copied games everywhere with the Amiga.

Edited by Thedelldays

notable games I remember fondly

Dizzy - treasure island, fantasy land

Kick Off 2

Shinobi

Turtles

Ghostbusters (on the C64) - legendary game would love to have it on my laptop

frontier

resident evil 1

championship manager

I loved the C64 in that you could go to a newsagents and buy a game for a couple of quid

Indeed lol. The games I remember most from the 65XE were Zybex (sidescrolling flying jetpack guy, like R-Type I guess), and Ghostbusters, that was class. And a text adventure that the name excapes me at the moment (I remember basic graphics and a load of stripey walls in most of the rooms you walked into).

Here comes my nerd list!

NES

Super NES

Master System

MegaDrive (late)

PS1

N64 (late)

DreamCast (best ratio of CLASSIC games to PAP of any console EVER!!!

GameCube

PS2

Xbox

Now, Xbox 360, gotten over having to own every machine going and sticking to just the one lol... oh hang on..handhelds :S

First gameboy for my 7th bday from my dad (the massive grey one with a copy of tetris and a game called KUNG FU!!)

Next was a gameboy advance much later

Got a sega gamegear off ebay just because I wanted one (why didnt these take off? SOOOO much better than the gameboys of the time)

GBA SP

Got a ds but gave that to my sis

Oh bought a Wii but thats in the living room now.. super mario galaxy is the only good game on it. ****ing Gimmick.

After all that, I still think pc gaming is the best. Havnt got a decent PC to play on atm tho.

Orange binatone thing

ZX Spectrum 16k (which my granddad got olivetti to boost to 64k :o)

ZX Spectrum 128k+2

Olivetti pc (can't remember make or model though).

SNES

ex-NHS 386 pc (would only just about run the original version of championship manager)

Custom built p3 pc

PS2

custom built AMD 3.2GHz pc

PS3

Customised AMD phenom based pc.

I'm all for sentimentality, and all of the above were great at the time, but without a shadow of a doubt my favourites are my current pc and the ps3.

Atari 2600

Nes

Megadrive

Amiga 500

Super Nintendo

Playstation

Playstation 2

Dreamcast

Wii

Playstation 3

PC custom built Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 4x 2.4ghz, 2x 880GT sli.

Looking back over the years i think the best gaming times were the Nes,Megadrive and Amiga. The golden age for gaming if you will. Lots of Nostalga because thats when i was a kid!

But i think PS2 re-ignited my interest in gaming, the GTA series a lone did that!

Now days i don't think there are enough good games out. Too many angles that have been done to death and don't really bring anything new to the table. Personally i don't really give a monkies about the features on a modern console, don't care about Blu-Ray, don't care about watching films streamed on the 360, don't care about Mii's. I just play games and while we have some good ones were already nearing the next generation of consoles and as of yet im not as fond as the three new ones as i was of the old PS2 and the ones before that. But it is GDC this week so should hear some new games being announced. Like Max Payne 3 :)

Anyone else ever have a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A?

That was my first computer, followed by Commodore Plus4, C64, Amiga 500, Amiga 1200, PC and Playstation. PC aside, I've never owned anything since.

You are the first person I've ever met to also have had a Plus 4!

i think the amiga produced the largest quanity of great games

it came from the desert

wings

speedball 2

space ace

championship manager

another world

moneky island

kick off 2

simpsons

captain planet

north and south

some real classics

i played these 3 so much!! Brilliant :-)

I've had loads - back to a ZX80 and ZX81 (with 16k RAM pack) but I never understand the nostalgia thing. I can't think of one console where the old version is better than the latest version (I exclude the PS2/PS3 argument as both games are still current). Things like the Master System were great in the early 90s but I'd rather be playing Far Cry 3 on the Xbox than Alex Kidd 2 any day.

I've had loads - back to a ZX80 and ZX81 (with 16k RAM pack) but I never understand the nostalgia thing. I can't think of one console where the old version is better than the latest version (I exclude the PS2/PS3 argument as both games are still current). Things like the Master System were great in the early 90s but I'd rather be playing Far Cry 3 on the Xbox than Alex Kidd 2 any day.

:eek:

My first 'PC' was a Toshiba HX-10 with the MSX operating system, on which I enjoyed creating my own games. This was followed by a 'permanently borrowed' AMSTRAD 386 from work, which got me hooked on Premier Manager, something I have managed to ensure my sons have inherited, ( though of course it is now Football Manager that runs the risk of bing cited in any future divorce :D ).

Here comes my nerd list!

NES

Super NES

Master System

MegaDrive (late)

PS1

N64 (late)

DreamCast (best ratio of CLASSIC games to PAP of any console EVER!!!

GameCube

PS2

Xbox

Now, Xbox 360, gotten over having to own every machine going and sticking to just the one lol... oh hang on..handhelds :S

First gameboy for my 7th bday from my dad (the massive grey one with a copy of tetris and a game called KUNG FU!!)

Next was a gameboy advance much later

Got a sega gamegear off ebay just because I wanted one (why didnt these take off? SOOOO much better than the gameboys of the time)

GBA SP

Got a ds but gave that to my sis

Oh bought a Wii but thats in the living room now.. super mario galaxy is the only good game on it. ****ing Gimmick.

After all that, I still think pc gaming is the best. Havnt got a decent PC to play on atm tho.

I had Kung Fu on Gameboy. Also a ******* massive carrycase that blatentley asked people to steal it, as it had gameboy in bold, blue font blazed down the side.

Did anyone have that cd drive thing that bolted onto the megadrive 2?

I was trying desperately to ignore this thread, damn it

Atari 2600

Acorn Electron

NES

SNES

Master System

Megadrive

Saturn

Spectrum 48k

Spectrum +3

Amiga 500

Amiga 600

Atari ST

Playstation

Playstation 2

Playstation 3

PSP

N64

Gamecube

Wii

Xbox

Xbox 360

Atari Lynx

Gameboy

Gameboy Advance

DS

Dreamcast

Jaguar

Neo-Geo

And probably one or two others I've forgotten. This may seem like a long list, but anyone who's had the pleasure of visiting Chez Baj will testify I'm a bit of a gaming nut and always have been.

Currently in the house (please don't rob me) is PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, 2 DS's and a PSP.

I was trying desperately to ignore this thread, damn it

Atari 2600

Acorn Electron

NES

SNES

Master System

Megadrive

Saturn

Spectrum 48k

Spectrum +3

Amiga 500

Amiga 600

Atari ST

Playstation

Playstation 2

Playstation 3

PSP

N64

Gamecube

Wii

Xbox

Xbox 360

Atari Lynx

Gameboy

Gameboy Advance

DS

Dreamcast

Jaguar

Neo-Geo

And probably one or two others I've forgotten. This may seem like a long list, but anyone who's had the pleasure of visiting Chez Baj will testify I'm a bit of a gaming nut and always have been.

Currently in the house (please don't rob me) is PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, 2 DS's and a PSP.

Uber g33k!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

commadore 64

Amiga cd 32

nes

snes

dreamcast

gamegear

megadrive

gb

gbc