Rugby League

Hatch

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Oi you cheeky mothball tard :rolleyes:

I do think Longy's going to haunt us though :(

Lol, you should have seen that coming !! I think Long is past his best to be honest though still a very good player of course. I do think Leeds will be the team to beat but hopefully Saints, Wigan, Hull FC, maybe Warrington and Bradford ( Matt Orford is a big signing for them though I believe Paul Deacon is leaving for Wigan !) can be up there as well. It's going to be a good season again I'm sure and only 3 months to wait smiley-happy023.gif

How gash

MAGIC WEEKEND DRAW - Hull v Harlequins, Bradford v Crusaders, Warrington v Salford, Leeds v Wakefield, Wigan v Huddersfield, St Helens v Hull KR, Castleford v Catalans.

Ties to be played at Murrayfield on May 1 and 2.

I shall be there as usual! At least this season it doesn't clash with the last game of the football league season. C'mon you 'Ull!!

• 2 months later...
It arrived yesterday ! Win for Wigan, defeats for Bradford and Leeds. Perfect ! Tough game for St Helens too :)

Noooo, for me Saturday :)

Not sure. it was a bit foggy!! ;)

Quite right, if it was a football match it wouldn't have gone ahead. Still, the fog helped Longy look like a ghost as he haunted us :(

Much better performance today, fantastic :D

Yup, I thought Bradford Bulls with Matt Orford would be strong this season but they've started like they did last year. Wakey is 3 out of 3 and looking good, whereas the Rhinos are 1 out of 3., a very poor start for them.

Crusaders away next week for us, hopefully we should win and as Warrington are playing Wigan, climb a place.

Edited by krissyboy31

How lucky do Wigan wanna get...

Ha, they are being "lucky" again tonight, 6 lucky tries so far v Les Catalans. Ht score 36-0 smiley-taunt014.gif

Incredibly lucky 58-0 win, 5 tries and 9 goals for Pat Richards :)

St Helens scraped a 22-16 win over Wakefield ( which means Wigan are now the only team with a 100% record), Hull thrased Quins 28-4 and Bradford won 7-0 at Salford, sounds like a real thriller !

Edited by chrisobee
Update

4-4 HT

Doesn't really sit well with me supporting Dirty Leeds Rhinos (apart from when they are playing HKR) but certainly want to see them beat Melbourne Storm. Decent punch-up in the first half but I think they will struggle if Sinfield doesn't get back on the field.

10-18 final score. Silverwood's refereeing was an absolute joke. Rhinos definitely missed Sinfield in the second half and if Scott Donald had have played and he had the chances Watkins had, they would have won the game.

Edited by krissyboy31

Castleford have lost a couple of players to injury and now Brett Ferres is on the sidelines, big loss. I expect Hull by at least 10 points, Leeds to thrash Quins and Warrington to win comfortably v Celtic Crusadrers.

The other games all look like being close:

Bulls v Wigan : In spite of Wigans great start I think Bradford might just nick this ( though I hope I'm wrong !) especially as Wigan were not tested at all last week which might mean it is hard for them to play with the intensity required.

Salford v Catalans: Two sides playing very poorly, I will side with Catalan as I think they have more class.

Wakefield v Huddersfield : Even the bookies cannot split these two with both teams on scratch on the handicap. However, for me I think Huddersfield are the better side so a narrow win.

Hull KR v St Helens: No Matt Gidley for Saints and they will miss him. However, the luckiest side in SL history will probably manage a win ;)

So if I was doing an acca I'd go for Bradford, Saints, Warrington, Catalans, Huddersfield, Leeds and Hull. A £10 stake pays around £250.

So if I was doing an acca I'd go for Bradford, Saints, Warrington, Catalans, Huddersfield, Leeds and Hull. A £10 stake pays around £250.

Good start but I reckon you thought you'd blown it with Wigan 20 nil up at HT at Bradford.

Good second half perfomance by the Black & Whites this evening. Pity the game was ruined by a completely inept refereeing performance yet again by Silverwood. Still 2 more points and 2nd in the table (for 24 hours at least).

Good start but I reckon you thought you'd blown it with Wigan 20 nil up at HT at Bradford.

Good second half perfomance by the Black & Whites this evening. Pity the game was ruined by a completely inept refereeing performance yet again by Silverwood. Still 2 more points and 2nd in the table (for 24 hours at least).

Since I didn't and never do do accas I was really hoping Wigan would win and they should have ! Just had a niggling feeling that Bradford might just nick it. Huddersfield won last night but at 52-0 nothing narrow about it lol

The final two games should see a comfortable win for Warrington with a close game between Hull KR and Saints, really do hope that another Saints team lose this weekend !

Challenge Cup 4th Rd

York v Crusaders

Hunslet v Oldham

Swinton v Halifax

Limoux v Leigh

Harlequins v Wakefield

St Helens v Toulouse

Widnes or Wigan St Judes v Lezignan

Catalans v Salford

Sheffield Eagles v Wigan

Siddal v Batley

Hull v Leeds

Castleford v Barrow

Warrington v Featherstone

Blackpool v Whitehaven

Huddersfield v Hull KR

Dewsbury v Bradford

Hull v Leeds, very tasty indeed !

Another great win by Huddersfield yesterday (Leeds only 3 from 3). Warrington and Wigan going great guns. Wasn't surprised that Hull suffered a heavy defeat at the DW. Looking forward to the Bradford game on Saturday, when they should get back to winning ways. My step-son is the Mascot, so we should get freebie seats by the tunnel.

Good win for Hull, although pretty scruffy at times, partly due to the conditions (persisting down) and lack of balance on the right centre/wing combinations after Calderwood went off injured. Pity Rovers won at the same time though! Leeds will come good though (probably in time to knock Hull out of the Challenge Cup. :()

Well these are the current Grand Final winner odds :

Leeds 2/1

St Helens 4/1

Wigan 4/1

Warrington 5/1

Huddersfield 8/1

Hull FC are 16's generally and Bradford as big as 50/1 at WH, would not have predicted that pre-season. Think Leeds are unbackable at 2/1, far too short.

I'm already on Wigan at 10's, looks good value now!

Well these are the current Grand Final winner odds :

Leeds 2/1

St Helens 4/1

Wigan 4/1

Warrington 5/1

Huddersfield 8/1

Hull FC are 16's generally and Bradford as big as 50/1 at WH, would not have predicted that pre-season. Think Leeds are unbackable at 2/1, far too short.

I'm already on Wigan at 10's, looks good value now!

Wigan will win it. Wigan, Saints final I reckon with Huddersfield and Hull missing out. Leeds will have to improve massively and with their injuries, can't see them doing it.

Wigan will win it. Wigan, Saints final I reckon with Huddersfield and Hull missing out. Leeds will have to improve massively and with their injuries, can't see them doing it.

Agreed, I think Wigan have underachieved in the regular season the last few years and though they have played well in the play offs I'd be really surprised if any team could win the Grand Final without at least being in the top 3.

Wigan really do seem to have a lot of strength in deep, even being able to allow Sean Ainscough and Chris Tuson to go out on loan. Can't feel sorry for Leeds, I really don't like them !

Hull on the box tomorrow. Without Rich Horne again and without Calderwood, who limped out of the Bradford game last week. Reece Lyne a lightning quick teenage winger, looks like he's going to make his Superleague début. Saw him play a few minutes in the pre season "friendly" v HKR and looked good but got head-hunted by that dirty sh!t Welham.

Hull on the box tomorrow. Without Rich Horne again and without Calderwood, who limped out of the Bradford game last week. Reece Lyne a lightning quick teenage winger, looks like he's going to make his Superleague début. Saw him play a few minutes in the pre season "friendly" v HKR and looked good but got head-hunted by that dirty sh!t Welham.

Wigan v Leeds on tomorrow, Hull on tele on Saturday HTBH !!