Non-FM/CM management games

gaz

Anyone else miss Premier Manager? Ultimate Soccer Manager?

USM was one of the first where you could graphically upgrade the stadium, sell sponsor hoardings etc. I wish something like that was in current FM games.

I moved from the Premier Manager series to CM, and I still remember the PS1 Premier Manager 98 save taking up all 15 memory card blocks....and needing to sign Miguel Nadal (on a free from Barcalona) to do well in a season. :D

Do managers do that? No, so they won't in any FM game ;) :)

At the same time I don't think they demand that the club upgrades the statium or i'll quite but thats in FM now isn't it. :D

At the same time I used to love the stadium build items in LMA and USM really gave you a bit more of a feeling of creating a club more than just mangagin one.

• 2 weeks later...

USM was my introduction to computer games! I remember swapping it with the my nextdoor neighbour for my copy of Fifa - and I couldn't stop playing it!

The little details were great, if a little flawed...

Like being able to charge £999 for a matchday programme and still selling some.

I used to love upgrading the stadiums too - of course it'll never happen in FM because it's not what a manager actually does but it was really good fun...