Gustav

Hatch

Going to hit New Orleans and surrounding area today it seems.

Where in hell do 2m people disappear to in 48 hours, imagine trying to organize that. Bloody Hell.

Looters will be having a field day.

I thought 50 police officers were going to saty behind?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope for New Orleans that the work the Dutch are/were doing on the dikes around there are done. Otherwise the city is just as fooked as it was last time around.

I do find it funny that the storm carries the same name as the Swedish king. I just hope that there not some stupid Yankee that thinks its a Swedish invasion and decides to kill his Swedish neighbor. (something like this did happen in Georgia where someone killed his Russian neighbor after he had heard of the Russian invasion in Georgia).

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
That video shows people standing outside and someone even driving a car. Surely that is a seriously stupid thing to do?!?!

Americans and stupid in the same sentence. Who'da thought it?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I was watching Fox News live yesterday afternoon as the water was lapping over the levees into the Lower Ninth in New Orleans (the site of the worst flooding in 2005), which is the bottom picture above.

All of a sudden the camera panned to a guy being washed away in the harbour and just managing to catch a rope thrown by the Coastguard before he was smashed into a wall.

Fantastic viewing and all credit to the Coastguard for their bravery.