Hamilton & MaClaren dq'd from Australia

badgerx16

Naughty naughty Mr Dennis by the sounds of it!

Martin Whitmarsh, you mean. I thought you had a handle on these things, mate..? ;)

Pathetic. Truly [no pun intended Jarno] pathetic. Roll on MotoGP. At least we'll know immediately when the field pass the chequered flag who won and who did what and when.

OK, I'll give you that one. But your day may change significantly around 1pm.

BTW, what was all that on the main forum, about nobody listening..?

Ive been working since 5.15...

Edited by Pancake

Its been one of those days...

BEEN..?!? When did you get up..? :)

Around 5 or so.

OK, I'll give you that one. But your day may change significantly around 1pm.

BTW, what was all that on the main forum, about nobody listening..?

Ive been working since 5.15...

Please keep on topic : roll :

Bleeding pillocks. What a stupid position to put ourselves in. May as well have gone the same way as Heikki and not bothered racing, would've saved us a lot of hassle and car usage.

Edited by Michelle
Incoherence. Blame the vino.

More:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7980593.stm

The fall-out from Lewis Hamilton's exclusion from the Australian Grand Prix has led to the exit of a top McLaren official, the BBC understands.

Sporting director Dave Ryan has been suspended after 35 years with McLaren.

Hamilton gave stewards "deliberately misleading" evidence after Jarno Trulli was docked for passing him while the safety car was out in Melbourne.

Im still trying to work out exactly what happened and who did what wrong. Anyone care to tell me?

EDIT:

Actually, Brundle does break it down here:

BBC commentator and former F1 driver Martin Brundle said: "This does not look good for Hamilton or McLaren.

"Hamilton passed Trulli as he was off the road. Hamilton clearly wondered then, to give him the benefit of the doubt, if he had passed under the safety car conditions and was trying to let Trulli back through.

"There was a point when he was doing just 15mph in his McLaren and Trulli had no option but to repass him.

"I think Lewis then saw half a chance of a third place instead of a fourth, went up to the stewards and didn't give them the full story.

"Now they've matched up his comments (to them) to radio content between him and the team, and other information they've gathered, and they've decided that effectively he was telling fibs.

So basically Lewis and/or Ryan "forgot" to mention that Lewis "let" Trulli back into position.

Edited by Pancake