Bond

SaintSparky

Excellent news, glad he's got the sack and glad they are going down into Non League.

Nothing Club, never will be, **** fans who think they have some sort of long running rivalry with Southampton.

This is exactly why I hope they disappear into nothingness.

F*cking mongs, thinking we actually give a sh*t about them.

Harsh? He got them relegated. He has made a poor start to this season.

As much as I couldn't give a toss about Kevin Bond, I think he's had so many mitigating circumstances in the last two years that have led AFCB to where they are currently that this decision can be seen as a bit harsh.

Someone told me a few weeks ago that they only have 9 players registered on their payroll, and even then they are probably still spending more than they can afford. The remaining players are loans, so they don't have to pay the wages.

They were deducted 10 points last season, which was pretty much the cause of their relegation. They went down by one point. Administration can often be attributed to the manager spending loads of money on crap players on high wages. Bournemouth haven't paid a transfer fee for a player for about 10 years. Their financial situation has been teetering on the brink for a long time, pretty much since they came out of administration back in the mid-90s, and the sale and leaseback of Dean Court as well as the contracting-out of the catering and merchandising departments (so basically the sale/giving-away of every part of the club that generated revenue!) meant that it was only a matter of time before they ended up in administration again.

As much as I couldn't give a toss about Kevin Bond, I think he's had so many mitigating circumstances in the last two years that have led AFCB to where they are currently that this decision can be seen as a bit harsh.

Someone told me a few weeks ago that they only have 9 players registered on their payroll, and even then they are probably still spending more than they can afford. The remaining players are loans, so they don't have to pay the wages.

They were deducted 10 points last season, which was pretty much the cause of their relegation. They went down by one point. Administration can often be attributed to the manager spending loads of money on crap players on high wages. Bournemouth haven't paid a transfer fee for a player for about 10 years. Their financial situation has been teetering on the brink for a long time, pretty much since they came out of administration back in the mid-90s, and the sale and leaseback of Dean Court as well as the contracting-out of the catering and merchandising departments (so basically the sale/giving-away of every part of the club that generated revenue!) meant that it was only a matter of time before they ended up in administration again.

How can you say they have kept withing their means.Do you know what they are paying Anderton all this time? I promise you he isnt on a grand a week.

How can you say they have kept withing their means.Do you know what they are paying Anderton all this time? I promise you he isnt on a grand a week.

I suggest you re-read what I wrote as I never said that :confused:

In particular:

Someone told me a few weeks ago that they only have 9 players registered on their payroll, and even then they are probably still spending more than they can afford.

I suggest you re-read what I wrote as I never said that :confused:

In particular:

'Administration can often be attributed to the manager spending loads of money on crap players on high wages. Bournemouth haven't paid a transfer fee for a player for about 10 years'

Steve it was that sentence that I was answering to.

'Administration can often be attributed to the manager spending loads of money on crap players on high wages. Bournemouth haven't paid a transfer fee for a player for about 10 years'

Steve it was that sentence that I was answering to.

Where's the inaccuracy in that? AFC Bournemouth have not paid a transfer fee for a player for years. That's a fact. I'm sure Anderton's not giving his services for free, but he's also very clearly not the reason they went into administration.

Where's the inaccuracy in that? AFC Bournemouth have not paid a transfer fee for a player for years. That's a fact. I'm sure Anderton's not giving his services for free, but he's also very clearly not the reason they went into administration.
it was the wages bit. They like us last season took risks and didnt cut their cloth accordingly and so have to take the consequences.

it was the wages bit. They like us last season took risks and didnt cut their cloth accordingly and so have to take the consequences.

Administration has been coming for years, last season's spending didn't really accelerate things too much. It was obviously the final nail in the coffin, but they'd started throwing the soil onto it long before last season.

Administration has been coming for years, last season's spending didn't really accelerate things too much. It was obviously the final nail in the coffin, but they'd started throwing the soil onto it long before last season.
The thing is they overspent to give themselves an advantage over their rivals who were prudent.Rightly so they deserve to be punished if they then cant pay back.

We have done the same and are taking the medicine to try and get us back on track.

I would have more sympathy with Luton who to me seem to have been crucified.