Baby shot with air gun dies!

simo

I was just thinking how that one incident is going to cloud that family's entire life. I'm not sure I'd be able to get over it, if it was me who was responsible, either by directly pulling the trigger or leaving the air gun around to be picked up. The little lad's life hardly got started. I know people die every day, and in worse circumstances, but this little boy stood an excellent chance of growing up to a happy life. A truly awful event.

I was just thinking how that one incident is going to cloud that family's entire life. I'm not sure I'd be able to get over it, if it was me who was responsible, either by directly pulling the trigger or leaving the air gun around to be picked up. The little lad's life hardly got started. I know people die every day, and in worse circumstances, but this little boy stood an excellent chance of growing up to a happy life. A truly awful event.

I know what you mean it would ruin me if that happened to one of my kids!

Shocking :( and totally avoidable, there is absolutely no acceptable reason for any sort of weapon like this to be in the same house or vicinity of any minor - IMO any adult who allows this to happen is purely negligent :mad:

RIP Rashid Ullah.

More to the point, why does someone who (I'm presuming) lives in a non rural area in Brum own a gun?

The father should be held responsible for leaving a gun lying around and not locked away in a gun cupboard!

Really shocked me when I heard this. How can anyone leave a gun, yet alone loaded when there are kids about. Although we can all say that in hindsight. How many of us parents have left something which is potentially dangerous, i.e a hot iron on an ironing board to answer a phone/door. Ok not life threatening, but could cause very serious injuries. I am not condoning what he has done. I am sure that he will live regreting his actions for the rest of his life. He has paid the ultimate price. That said how any person could have a weapon when they have kids is beyond me.

If it was one of my sons, I dont think I would ever be able to live with myself. Thankfully, none of them have had even a broken bane between them. I dread the day that they have a serious accident, and the thought of them dying before me is inconprehensible (sp)

RIP Little angel Rashid