The Malaysian Grand Prix

Arizona

Be interesting to see if Button can win this one driving a canoe.

z1238656812.jpg

Seriously though, the race is being held in the evening local time and heavy rain is pretty much guaranteed. F**kin' Bernie changing the race time to try and get more European viewers, I can honnestly see it being rained off.

Seriously though, the race is being held in the evening local time and heavy rain is pretty much guaranteed. F**kin' Bernie changing the race time to try and get more European viewers, I can honnestly see it being rained off.

Don't worry. By the time of the cancelled race, no doubt Button and Barricello will have been disqualified from the last one.

Don't worry. By the time of the cancelled race, no doubt Button and Barricello will have been disqualified from the last one.

No, the appeal hearing is on the 14th mate. I can't say much about it but the protest is completely right IMO and the appeal is more about clarification than getting anyone disqualified. There have been some major contradictions between the FIA and the Stewards over this diffuser, going back to last year.

No, the appeal hearing is on the 14th mate. I can't say much about it but the protest is completely right IMO and the appeal is more about clarification than getting anyone disqualified. There have been some major contradictions between the FIA and the Stewards over this diffuser, going back to last year.

I'm only jesting Ponty, but after all the appeals for this team and that, I just find it quite amusing. Perhaps we'll finally see Schumacher stripped of his title when he took out Hill in Australia all those years ago.

But perhaps we won't. ;)

I can't watch this race because Bernie has moved it so more people can watch it. Why does he not consider people playing Sunday morning football, FFS!

I can't watch quali live, damn it. At least I'll get to see the race live. Serves you right for playing, silly man.

z1238656812.jpg

I trust you backed up your assumption by putting a tenner on the race getting effed up by the rain....

Damned innernet - something kept blocking Justin tv, only coverage we get on telly is 100 quid a month on satellite and in Arabic ho hum

Shame about the half points, but a win is a win I guess.

:lol: @ Kimi having a chock ice and the fans sliding down the hill.

1. Button

2. Heidfeld

3. Glock

Loved it when they spoke to the Ferrari media man and he said Raikkonen would definately be ready to restart just after they'd shown his car in pit and him in shorts lol

Serious problems at Ferrari it seems, to an average viewer at least. Look at the difference between Raikkonen and Button, one off getting an ice cream, the other sat in his car, ready and waiting right up until the moment the race had finished.

Button finally seems to be proving the people right that said he'd be quick if he had a good car under him, and doing something about his reputation of just being there for the money and glamour to boot. 'tis good to see a british driver and constructor top of both championships ^^ Just wish McLaren and Hamilton could be up there competing with them as well, but I can't shake the feeling they're gonna be kicked out this year. Can't honestly say I'd blame them if they did either, it was absolute madness to take that risk, which was always gonna be caught, for the sake of two points, which they'd have got anyway if he hadn't let Trulli through... really don't get that one. Still, that aside, at least Hamilton seems to be getting something out of that thing that acts vaguely like a F1 car some of the time...

Haven't seen the race yet, but a few things are sticking in my mind as I've read the news and watched a few highlights.

1. Bernie Ecclestone is an idiot for getting the race started when it did, Malaysian time, despite all advice.

2. The arguement about best driver or best car is clearly being demonstrated; no disrespect to Jenson Button, who has spent years of his F1 career in a hopelessly uncompetitive car. I bet he's enjoying this..! It just shows he's a perfectly good driver, even though many people said he was rubbish.

3. Once again Lewis Hamilton shows that he can bring an uncompetitve car into the points, hopefully without incident this time.

4. Ferrari seem to have problems. It reminds me of when their cars used to be referred to as moving chicanes. It's about time they didn't have it all their own way.

5. I bet the FIA are a bit worried about no.4, and are desperately thinking of ways to restore the status quo.

Haven't seen the race yet, but a few things are sticking in my mind as I've read the news and watched a few highlights.

1. Bernie Ecclestone is an idiot for getting the race started when it did, Malaysian time, despite all advice.

2. The arguement about best driver or best car is clearly being demonstrated; no disrespect to Jenson Button, who has spent years of his F1 career in a hopelessly uncompetitive car. I bet he's enjoying this..! It just shows he's a perfectly good driver, even though many people said he was rubbish.

3. Once again Lewis Hamilton shows that he can bring an uncompetitve car into the points, hopefully without incident this time.

4. Ferrari seem to have problems. It reminds me of when their cars used to be referred to as moving chicanes. It's about time they didn't have it all their own way.

5. I bet the FIA are a bit worried about no.4, and are desperately thinking of ways to restore the status quo.

The Ferrari drivers and team seem to be losing it a bit mentally. This weekend has just been a farce for them. Not sending Massa out for another qualy lap. Sending Kimi out on wets on a bone dry track. Massa blowing a fuse on the team radio when the race was red flagged. Then when all the drivers were sat on the grid in case of a restart, Kimi was already in garage having a choc ice.

Funny isn't it.

I wonder if Ferrari are being the way they are so that the FIA feel sorry for them and

ban the Brawn and the other 2 teams with similar diffusers. Ferrari will then make a recovery :D

Well, they're still a long way short of competing with BMW and Reb Bull even if the DDs are banned. Besides, Brawn could fit a difuser made of cardboard and still be faster than Ferrari. Don't forget the first two races have so far featured 2 safety cars and a boat race. Without them Brawn would probably have won by about a minute.

Well, they're still a long way short of competing with BMW and Reb Bull even if the DDs are banned. Besides, Brawn could fit a difuser made of cardboard and still be faster than Ferrari. Don't forget the first two races have so far featured 2 safety cars and a boat race. Without them Brawn would probably have won by about a minute.

True, certainly regarding RBR who look very good, but it's worth pointing out that the diffuser itself is only part of the equation. Dramatically improving the aero grip at the back will allow teams to reduce the mechanical grip by fitting stiffer suspension and placing less ballast there. The ride height can be lowered because the suspension is stiffer, which improves the aero grip even more and the ballast can be placed freely at other areas nearer the centre of gravity. It's an almost exponential set of improvements, it's not simply a case of "Ooh, more grip from that diffuser". There's a certain amount of 'dumbing down' done for the casual viewer and in reality the knock on effects of running an entirely different floor are huge.

True, certainly regarding RBR who look very good, but it's worth pointing out that the diffuser itself is only part of the equation. Dramatically improving the aero grip at the back will allow teams to reduce the mechanical grip by fitting stiffer suspension and placing less ballast there. The ride height can be lowered because the suspension is stiffer, which improves the aero grip even more and the ballast can be placed freely at other areas nearer the centre of gravity. It's an almost exponential set of improvements, it's not simply a case of "Ooh, more grip from that diffuser". There's a certain amount of 'dumbing down' done for the casual viewer and in reality the knock on effects of running an entirely different floor are huge.

Ooh, thank you for this tiny bit of insight into the development of a F1 car ^^

Lets me see a tiny bit of what goes on behind the scenes and makes me think about more than just what the TV pictures show me ^^