Best Supporters Pub

Rocker268

I'm coming to uni in Southampton in October and I was wondering where the best Saints supporters pub is, not to get completely hammered, just to have a nice civil drink and a chat, the only pub I know of that looks like it always has Saints fans in it on match days is near the Bitterne Station, so I was wondering if there were any highly rated bars

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Where's this?? Wasn't aware of a new one being opened.

Southampton: Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis, Canutes Pavilion, Ocean Village, Southampton, Hampshire. In the Wetherspoons Pub Finder as opening on 29th September 2008.

Southampton: Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis, Canutes Pavilion, Ocean Village, Southampton, Hampshire. In the Wetherspoons Pub Finder as opening on 29th September 2008.

I don't even understand the name. Out of curiosity I tried to find out who Sir Lucius was... wiki has no entry for him although apparently he had a dad called Admiral Sir Roger Curtis who commanded a few ships in the American War of Independence. The guy subsequently got grounded after sending in dodgy reports to the Admiralty about some of his captains after the Glorious First of June battle.

Feck knows what Lucius did but he has now a pub named after him! Maybe Wetherspoons kocked up!

Edited by TopGun

I don't even understand the name. Out of curiosity I tried to find out who Sir Lucius was... wiki has no entry for him although apparently he had a dad called Admiral Sir Roger Curtis who commanded a few ships in the American War of Independence. The guy subsequently got grounded after sending in dodgy reports to the Admiralty about some of his captains after the Glorious First of June battle.

Feck knows what Lucius did but he has now a pub named after him! Maybe Wetherspoons kocked up!

He probably just inherited the name from his dad. Lazy arse.

Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis was Admiral of the Fleet between January 1864 and September 1865.

He was from Southampton and was Grand Master of Hampshire freemasons.

He also previously owned Gatcombe House before selling it to the Royal Family (now Princess Anne's pad)

When i usesd to travel down from London for the games i would venture into The Square Balloon,i think it's just Squares or something now,and it was pretty ok,clean,plenty of space.

Now when i have gone in they are constantly out of beer,cider and alike.

This was usually put down to running out on the Friday night,**** poor organisation if you ask me,it isn't difficult to work out how may 11's or 22's you are going to require to get you through until the next delivery.Oh and i'ts bloody filthy.

So today i will venture to my usual gaff the Eagle.

• 2 weeks later...
Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis was Admiral of the Fleet between January 1864 and September 1865.

He was from Southampton and was Grand Master of Hampshire freemasons.

He also previously owned Gatcombe House before selling it to the Royal Family (now Princess Anne's pad)

Good to see another bar at Ocean Village, hope it does the usual range of good real ale. Then again, it might be more like a Lloyds No 1 given the waterside location. Soton has a fair few JDWs now - this new one, Standing Order, Giddy Bridge, Moon Under Water (Shirley). If JDW had ever built the planned pub in Portswood for the student market that would have been five in one city!

Good to see another bar at Ocean Village, hope it does the usual range of good real ale. Then again, it might be more like a Lloyds No 1 given the waterside location. Soton has a fair few JDWs now - this new one, Standing Order, Giddy Bridge, Moon Under Water (Shirley). If JDW had ever built the planned pub in Portswood for the student market that would have been five in one city!

I could have sworn I saw a Spoons down in Portswood Saturday but I may have been mistaken thats a bit excessive though 4 or 5 in one place =p

I've never seen anyone fight in there.

I have seen plenty.

The best being when the Mancs decided to gatecrash a wedding reception in there before one of our games. They didn't like the choice of music when Oasis came on the jukebox and they decided to kick off. Bad move by the Mancs, if it wasn't for the OB steaming in there would of been alot more blood up the walls.

I could have sworn I saw a Spoons down in Portswood Saturday but I may have been mistaken thats a bit excessive though 4 or 5 in one place =p

Probably The Terminal. It's looks similar from the outside but it's a Barracuda pub...or was,I have'nt been to Portswood in ages.