Random Idea.

Draino76

There are plenty of empty shop spaces about at the moment and wanted to see if you lot thought this was a go-er.

How about an arcade kind of concept where there are 10 PS3s, 10 Xboxs and 10 Wii's, each connected to a big plasma. People come in and pay (??) £6 to play per hour, max 2 people per machine(??). We would have a big collection of games but I could do a deal with the local Blockbuster to borrow whatever games were in demand.

We could do tournaments too, SF4 or FIFA09 stuff etc... Tons of teenagers with nothing else to do, could they be interested?

Let me know if you think this is ********, because I only thiought of this last week.

There used to be a place called novatech in Gosport which did that. Great fun for birthday parties and definatly a fun idea, not sure how marketable it is. Also, hypochondriac is right, £6 an hour is a bit too high.

Would do well if situated near a university.

Isn't that what Blockbusters do though?

No, because they are still viewed privately (in home).

Besides Blockbuster must have some deal or other going on with movie companies, because otherwise you would get the "this product is for retail sale only" message.

No, I think you'll find blockbuster pay a lot more than £10 for a DVD!

True, about 10 years ago I lost a DVD from Blockbusters and they wanted £80 to replace it. Fortunately I found it but in the meantime they'd shown me the invoices for some of their discs and they were paying about £70 themselves - there was a tenner or so in admin charges for losing it.