A Little Piece of the Dell

Johnny Shearer

I was out in the garden the other day and realised that a little area of it used to belong to the Dell - since I ripped out some of the turf there and took it home after the last game!

Found the seat I was sat in as well in the shed!

So was wondering whether anyone else still has their own little momentos from the ground that was The Dell?

My turf was left planted in the garden of my old house.....which was bought by some skates. I never told them that everytime that they ventured into their garden that they would be treading on the hollowed grass:D

And now they have no doubt dug it up. :(

:smt048 I wanted one but then I saw people taking hoarding as well so couldnt make up my mind until it was too late.

I wonder if people have set up taken toliet cisterns in their homes etc?

When I was looking a houses a few years ago, one of them had a turnstile from the Dell instead of a back gate, quality.

If anyone recalls the last game of one season when Branflake was in charge where people where tearing up lumps of turf and throwing it up at Branfoot/the team? I took a lump home that day and put in the garden where it took. Still there now perhaps although my mum sold the place years ago. Maybe there is a Saints fan living there who doesnt know there is a little bit of The Dell in his (or her) back garden :)

Remember the large red letters on the wall at the Milton end "Southampton Football Club" - I have one of the Ls of football - btw what a bl**dy job trying to prise it away from the wall!!! - some letters were metal - mine was wood (replacement?)

not much I know but every time I see it the Dell memories come back!!

I was out in the garden the other day and realised that a little area of it used to belong to the Dell - since I ripped out some of the turf there and took it home after the last game!

Found the seat I was sat in as well in the shed!

So was wondering whether anyone else still has their own little momentos from the ground that was The Dell?

still got my grass, goring in a pot, looks a little worse for wear though. i also have some adhered to a sheet of paper