Keegan sacked by Newcastle (TBC)

The Fat Controller

It's probably been the worst kept secret in football that Ashley wants out at Newcastle and despite his promises doesn't actually have enough money to take them forward to the land he promised.

Hmm where we heard that before?

Hopefully KK will get a nice big pay-off but will NOT be offered a big lump of equity in SLH to become our DoF

But 12 mil for Milner - lol - keep the faith with the kids Rupe's we're gonna be rich!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

Page last updated at 14:41 GMT, Tuesday, 2 September 2008 15:41 UK

email.gif E-mail this to a friend print.gif Printable version

Keegan and Newcastle part company

_44980453_kk226_index.jpg Keegan also managed the club between 1992 and 1997

Manager Kevin Keegan has left Newcastle United after only eight months in charge, BBC Radio 5 Live understands.

Speculation had been mounting over the 57-year-old's unhappiness with a lack of control over transfer activity.

The club's only business on transfer deadline day was a £5.7m swoop for Spanish striker Xisco and the loan signing of midfielder Ignacio Gonzalez.

The former England boss rejoined the Magpies in January, having managed at St James' Park between 1992 and 1997.

Newcastle are 11th in the Premier League having picked up just four points from their opening three games.

More soon.

KK has been mucked about by Ashley - would you accept a job as manager and then be happy when Dennis Wise is appointed to decide what players you will have in your team?

Only surprise is he lasted this long - good luck Kevin, and screw them for every penny you can.

Newcastle will be at St Mary's next season even if KK isn't.

Guess Shearer's phone is ringing - he'll be a fool to go tho'.

Sky sports just said he was fired... Ah well, i guess the point is he's gone. Does it have a significant effect on his pay out if he walks or gets fired?

No idea. If his contract said he had authority on buying players and he wasn't had that, then perhaps he could argue he left the post because it wasn't conforming to his job description, but I am guessing.

no they are saying that hasn't even been officially confirmed as yet.

Didn't he throw his Teddy in the corner in the first few months of his first stint over a retraction in funds made available to him. Didn't they have to phone him half way down the M1 and give him more money to spend or he wouldn't come back? Is he doing it again?

makes me laugh when i think of all those idiots dancing around outside the stadium when he came back as manager.

They are almost as big a shambles as we are.

Oh how I'm looking forward to the scenes of overweight, shirtless Geordies waiting to greet their new manager...Denis Wise? Harry Bassett? Harry Redknapp? They're a big club you know.

I gather Portsmouth was the club keen to take Joey Barton in a player swap but balked at being asked for an extra £4 million. Figures.