Man City

Weston Super Saint

Just spoken to a City supporting mate of mine, he is creaming himself at the moment with all the possible transfers and to think I remember laughing at him when they played Macclesfield 10 years back.

He also added, he dosen't want Ronaldo....which made me chuckle.

I hope they break into the top four really.

What about defenders and a goalkeeper, it's not only attackers that make a team...

Edit: they might like it now, but soon enough they will hate it. It will destroy the soul of their club. I know that alot of Chelsea supporters like the success but not the way it happened.

its no different to how Man U got the title

Nice that these fellas can afford a nice "Trophy asset" like a PL football club, through money raised by raping us poor b@stards over oil prices isn't it?

If Saints got taken over in a similar fashion that would be it. Football pretty pathetic as it is. I absolutely and firmly believe Saints are now trying to do it the right way. Buying other teams star players and paying outrageous wages is beyond stupid. As is paying £1.30p for a litre of diesel and forking out £60+ to watch a 90 min PL football match.

Why the f@ck do we do it?

Nice that these fellas can afford a nice "Trophy asset" like a PL football club, through money raised by raping us poor b@stards over oil prices isn't it?

If Saints got taken over in a similar fashion that would be it. Football pretty pathetic as it is. I absolutely and firmly believe Saints are now trying to do it the right way. Buying other teams star players and paying outrageous wages is beyond stupid. As is paying £1.30p for a litre of diesel and forking out £60+ to watch a 90 min PL football match.

Because the car doesn't work when it has no fuel :smt102

No, and many won't go there, but enough top players will to make them a top team. Sadly, it really could finish football off. It's already in an absolutely absurd state as it is, but what they're talking about dwarfs even the chelsea spending. Man city have some good players already, the top teams would like johnson and richards. But no players will come through, it'll literally be buying a world class squad. No doubt hughes will be sacked if he doesn't make the champions league.

still, at least it will no doubt destroy one of existing big four. i can't comprehend a sport where people like anton ferdinand, george mccartney and james milner are worth such obscene amounts anyway.

It's no different to Man Utd or Liverpool spunking cash all over the place - like what they have been doing for years.

Agree football is dead as a competition now, might as well make it a money counting contest - would be just as interesting.

It's not the Arabs, if it wasn't for OUR FECKING GOVERNMENT you and I would actually be paying somewhere around 40p per litre of diesel.

And if it wasn't for sovereign wealth funds like Dubai and Abu Dhabi, right now our economy would be totally and utterly fecked!

It's not the Arabs, if it wasn't for OUR FECKING GOVERNMENT you and I would actually be paying somewhere around 40p per litre of diesel.

And if it wasn't for sovereign wealth funds like Dubai and Abu Dhabi, right now our economy would be totally and utterly fecked!

Tax has to come from somewhere. If it wasn't on petrol it would be somewhere else. Sadly, stuff like the NHS costs alot of money to run.

Tax has to come from somewhere. If it wasn't on petrol it would be somewhere else. Sadly, stuff like the NHS costs alot of money to run.

And so do all those critical NGO's, interest groups and not to mention those critical green advisors everywhere.....

Ah the joys of democracy vs the nasty dictator we have down here..... Gordon Brown vs Sheikh Mo...

No contest really.

And so do all those critical NGO's, interest groups and not to mention those critical green advisors everywhere.....

Ah the joys of democracy vs the nasty dictator we have down here..... Gordon Brown vs Sheikh Mo...

No contest really.

Mmmmmmmm, but the NHS and Education system and so on cost alot more.

for all those who think the man city thing is silly...were you thinking paul allen buying saints was equally silly???

I bet this point has made a few stop and think!

My mate has been a Chelsea fan since 1954/5. He has followed them for years, all through their ups and downs. He now rarely goes and prefers to go to the pub near the ground and watch the game with his mates from over the years. He is on a pension now and had to decide what his priorities were when the season tickets went up. He is fed up to his back teeth having to answer inane questions from what he calls 'lah de dah forty somethings who didn't know where Stamford Bridge was until a few seasons ago'.

If we get a sugar daddy, which I severely doubt, then watch those plastics come pouring through the turnstiles.

We'll probably see less of those skate shirts around Eastleigh though!

Hmmmmmmmmm on second thoughts . . .

Mmmmmmmm, but the NHS and Education system and so on cost alot more.

Yep, but if only it was paying for what is really needed to keep the world revolving rather than keeping the civil services running.....

What is the current percentage of the population creating the wealth that pays the first lot of taxes that then pay the salaries of the public sector workers who then pay the taxes...???

People in employment generating money

People in public service spending money

People in retirement not generating but spending

Just think how good the world would be if the gov only spent on what you needed...

Dozen beers a week, almost free public transport, rather than (for example helping keep 200,000 civil servants in say Brussels who's job it is to pass silly rules that the French ignore and the Brits employ 20,000 inspectors to enforce which are only there to p*ss you off :-)

Just been ripping into my 'pet' Man Utd. fan along the lines of enjoy the next two seasons whilst you still have a chance of winning something, and how does it feel to know your grandchildren will grow up supporting the 'biggest' team in the world MAN CITY? - his reply "Well all that money is just going to ruin football" Oh the ****ing irony, they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot:rolleyes:

I wonder what the tickets will cost next season.....

I truly would not want to have 'my' team owned by a multi multi billionaire.

This is when the club becomes the 'global merchandising vehicle'!

Admittedly, It would be good to have a little more money than we currently enjoy ;)

Aston Villa seem to be the sort of club other clubs could aspire to be. Wealthy, good manager and they still care about the local community (local charity on team kit)

Living in Manchester i know lots of United and Citeeh fans. Many Utd fans i know now watch FC United instead of trying to get a ticket for Old trafford full of tourists. Or they just go to away games or go to the pub.

Citeeh fans IMO deserve a bit of success after all the **** ups they've had to put up with and i know plenty of them who travelled round the country in the old Division 3 or went to Maine Rd with attendences of 30000 which was pretty good for that league in those days.

They are bound to get some new JCL Fans but that happens with any club with a bit of money or success.

Good luck to them, it was funny them beating Chelsea to sign Robinio.