Sk8tes lose £16.6m in 2007-08

sidthesquid

How long can things keep going down the road? I thought relegation might well & truly tuck them up, but they look like they will survive for now. But, according to the BBC they are still in debt to the tune of £80million. If we survive this there still might be some fun to be had.......

All that's keeping them afloat is their Premiership status... watch this space...

Nothing to do with the 35 million they got in from transfer fees a while back then. We should forget Portsmouth, they are in the premiership and have players worth stacks of cash to bail them out if necessary.

maybe ..but it's a BIG debt and they'll still have to pay those big salaries

..and maybe buy some more players...not so easy perhaps.

the accounts information you have been reading about is last years and since then they have received the next sky installment as well as a small fortune in transfer fees for Diarra £20m, Defoe £15m, Muntari £12.7M and Mendes £3m with about £16m going the other way.

As for the salaries, 15 players are out of contract in the summer so they can reaccess should they want to downsize as we did last summer, but with more sky money than ever before they should have no problem in covering them.

Relegation would cripple them but I don't see it if they survive.

Sky money is £70M next season. Unless they go down their financial worries won't last long. ****.

What about Wages and Running costs etc???? £70 Million may cover a large amount of debt but they won't be running at breakeven more likely losing at least a couple of million a month.

until they sold players in January their wage bill was £5 million more than their turnover

palyers wages were something like £55 million - their turnover something like £50 million (hence the £5 million Spurs paid Pompey for Redknapp)

supposedly they were £80 million in debt on top of that - hence the sale of Diarra and Defoe

on top of that they've got their other running costs, the training ground development and the stadium redevelopment to pay for

I fully expect Johnson, Krancjkar and Crouch to be sold in the summer - even if they stay up - and most the 14 players out of contract to move on (Campbell, Kanu et al)

if they get relegated they'll go into adminstration - they might do it anyway if Gaydamak can't sell the club - he has a history of putting companies into administration and walking away

As our financial plight seams to be giving you pony boys coarse for concern

You woudnee have a finacial wizard around your club that we could borrow :roll:

Fair enough we are in the **** but you have got to be concerned about next season surely? What is the feeling like over there? Nervous unless you can find a buyer?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if you are going to take what you read in papers as gospel, then take a look at the sunday rags with quotes from our chairman saying we are close to a deal with either american or far eastern investors

so before you extract the urine I would first worry about your own predicament (which I hope you get out of) and wait and see if and who buys us in the summer

I would just like to ask, why is it whenever the press print anything about your predicament, then it is all ******** and crap and why do they write so much crap, yet when the same press print something about us, you all take it as gospel, believe every word and start taking this urine.

The thing is, we have a chairman that has admitted that he cannot fund the club in the way that he has since he took over, which is fair enough, but he has also said, which you lot have seemed to overlook, is that he will stay in charge and keep the club going until a buyer is found.

I will admit that finding a buyer is now going to be easier now we have stayed up, but we still have a chairman that is willing to pay the bill, but the club has to become self sufficient. It might mean we had to sell a couple of players, but we could even have a new owner in by June, as that was written in the press so I am sure you will all believe it :D. If we have to sell a couple of players to survive as a club, then so be it, we have done it before and probably may have to do it again.

The thing is, we do still have players left to sell that could easily keep us afloat as a Premier League club, we could bring in a couple of Bosman's to replace them and we could well even survive again next season. So at the moment we are not nervous or worried about finding a buyer, as Sacha is still the chairman and will still run the club as a business now.

I would certainly not be taking the **** out of our closest rivals when my own club are probably deeper in a financial mess than any other club in the Football League, I might be wrong about that, but I have not seen many other clubs in as much debt or trouble as you are. The thing is, the phrase "people that live in glass houses" springs to mind.

I honestly hope you find a buyer and get out of the situation that you are in, as I would hate not being able to play you again, having no real local rivals, not having the banter that goes on between clubs. I know some people can get out of hand, and I will probably be slated on here by a lot of you for saying what I have, that is the way it goes. The thing is, I have not come on here to gloat, or drag your club through the mud, just state a point that not everything you read in the papers is true.

I would just like to ask, why is it whenever the press print anything about your predicament, then it is all ******** and crap and why do they write so much crap, yet when the same press print something about us, you all take it as gospel, believe every word and start taking this urine.

The thing is, we have a chairman that has admitted that he cannot fund the club in the way that he has since he took over, which is fair enough, but he has also said, which you lot have seemed to overlook, is that he will stay in charge and keep the club going until a buyer is found.

I will admit that finding a buyer is now going to be easier now we have stayed up, but we still have a chairman that is willing to pay the bill, but the club has to become self sufficient. It might mean we had to sell a couple of players, but we could even have a new owner in by June, as that was written in the press so I am sure you will all believe it :D. If we have to sell a couple of players to survive as a club, then so be it, we have done it before and probably may have to do it again.

The thing is, we do still have players left to sell that could easily keep us afloat as a Premier League club, we could bring in a couple of Bosman's to replace them and we could well even survive again next season. So at the moment we are not nervous or worried about finding a buyer, as Sacha is still the chairman and will still run the club as a business now.

I would certainly not be taking the **** out of our closest rivals when my own club are probably deeper in a financial mess than any other club in the Football League, I might be wrong about that, but I have not seen many other clubs in as much debt or trouble as you are. The thing is, the phrase "people that live in glass houses" springs to mind.

I honestly hope you find a buyer and get out of the situation that you are in, as I would hate not being able to play you again, having no real local rivals, not having the banter that goes on between clubs. I know some people can get out of hand, and I will probably be slated on here by a lot of you for saying what I have, that is the way it goes. The thing is, I have not come on here to gloat, or drag your club through the mud, just state a point that not everything you read in the papers is true.

Sometimes you just can't argue against the things they write about you though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2485595/Portsmouth-fans-ugliest-as-Liverpool-land-Premier-League-beauty-crown.html

banjo plucking... neighbours

I gave mine away. Well actually I swapped it for a twelve-pack of lager. I gave my mandolin away too. Still got some guitars though. And a ukelele.

Portsmouth-fans-ugliest-as-Liverpool-land-Premier-League-beauty-crown.html

Aieeee! Am I schizo, good-in-parts, or just average?

• 2 weeks later...

Some of us don't mind so much. I'd prefer you to not have to go through what we are going through, for a second time. Besides, I used to enjoy there being two decent teams in Hampshire and I'd rather you were still there if/when we're back up in the top flight again.

Have just been told that an announcement about the future of PFC will be made within 48 hours. Don't think you lot will like it much :D

i think MackRill said there were some arabs being shown around at your last home game and the rumour was then that they were going for you.

Seems your luck is still going strong.

:D I'm the Sheik of Ara bee your club belongs to me!,,,,,,,,,,OH YEssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, Jackpot!

Camel Derby's Any one, (my glass is half full)

ps if this goes tits up it wasn't me but some other K**T using my pc onest!;)

i think MackRill said there were some arabs being shown around at your last home game and the rumour was then that they were going for you.

Seems your luck is still going strong.

But I thought no-one would buy Pompey Nick. You told me so repeatedly and so did the Romsey Retard. You kept saying you were a much more attractive proposition.

Don't worry, I've read he's only 10 times as wealthy as Abramovich :D

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/people,1334,who-is-the-man-benind-man-city-deal,43031

But I thought no-one would buy Pompey Nick. You told me so repeatedly and so did the Romsey Retard. You kept saying you were a much more attractive proposition.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/people,1334,who-is-the-man-benind-man-city-deal,43031

show me where I have said nobody would buy them? I cant see why people do so but there must be an underlying reason why they do.Gaydamek has lost money doing os.This lot are serious money and so i dont doubt. If the deal does go through (Im not sure his connection to the MC deal, but have not read into it) your stadium will be built as well.Certainly seem a lucky time in the clubs history.

It means you will come back here as you have lots to brag about, you disappeared again until you were safe and now financially sorted.

Anyway good luck to my pompey supporting mates they are a good bunch and so i dont resent it for them at all.

If you stay up in the next 3 years and the economy picks up a bit a buyer may come along and then MAY build a stadium, but dont keep thinking it is really there because it patently is not at present.

http://saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10470

thank you for underlining that I didnt say you would not be bought.

Read what I said and it is correct.

You're just as bad as Chelsea, Prawn Sarnie munchers. :D