Essien

Smirking_Saint

What i would give for a player even as half as good as him for saints.

Great energy, great engine, great comitment.

Marked gerrard out the game tonight (not easy) and my personal MOTM (chelsea v liverpool).

IMO the reason that chelsea have turned the corner in this late stage of the season and why you can't write them off.

Essien is the best player Chelsea have bought in the last 5 years, and his injury is the reason they had such a poor start this season

An absolutely brilliant player

He kept Gerrard quiet all game. Just shows, if you snuff out the danger of Torres & Gerrard, Liverpool don't have other match winners to compensate

I agree, completely, i would not say that essien has the most flair or technical ability but his pure athleticism is world class. To use a footie manager qoute .... bet gerrard was still checking over his shoulder for him when he got home! lol

Xavi is quality but for different reasons, on the ball he is unbelievable, passing and technical ability. You only have to look at spain to realise how technically inadequate our english midfielders are, the way they pass the ball is majestic.