Where will we finish this season  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish this season

• Promotion
    • Top Half
    • Mid Table
    • Bottom Half
    • Relegation

Lets see if I can get the hang of this as I think it said members could start polls?

(and for the pedantic where I said year I obviously meant season...

... and top half means say 3rd to 9th, mid table 10th to 16th, bottom half 17th to 21st...)

Edited by pedg

I voted top half as thats my realistic view - but Ive got £20 at 74/1 to win CCC and £20 at 14/1 for promotion. I dont think either are likely to happen - but IMO its a damn sight more likely than those odds suggest.

Edited by buctootim

Promotion through playoffs = promotion

Failure through playoffs = top half

I think we should have had a poll to agree what should be in the Poll because there is no mention of play offs or relegation places

Edited by John B

Mid-table IMO.

I think we'll surprise a few teams but I also think there will be a few 'bad days at the office' so to speak.

With so many youngsters in the side, I think there may be some games where we're bullied off the park and get beaten 4 or 5 nil.

Having said that, I also feel there will be some games where we outplay and ultimately outclass the oppo, dominating from start to finish.

With some of the football I've seen during pre-season, I think we could be in for a very entertaining season!

I think we should have had a poll to agree what should be in the Poll

Yes its a shame the first one was so poorly constructed. Sets a bad precendent IMO, other clubs will be laughing at us. Shame on you Pedg.

Edited by buctootim

How big is 'mid table'? and surely there is an overlap with 'top half' and 'bottom half'. ;)

I sort of tried to clarify (read make up for badly worded options) at the top. Should probably read.

Promotion to Prem

Top third that would stay in the CCC

Middle third that would stay in the CCC

Lower third that would stay in the CCC

Relegated to Division 1

Yes its a shame the first one was so poorly constructed. Sets a bad precendent IMO. Shame on you Pedg.

I was so overcome with the prospect of being able to start a poll without pleading with a mod that what little sense I have went awol.

I'm just resentful you discovered it first! :)

Polls will be ten a penny now... Would not be surprised if the mods remove the privilege but we shall see..

Feel free to be the first to start one on one of the other boards.

Edited by pedg

Bottom half. I really want to say playoffs (top half) after watching the West Ham game but the little dude inside my head is saying "but what about the Hereford and Cheltenham game?" The reason i think bottom half is mainly down to squad depth and endurance. Most of our team haven't played a full season before and the CCC is very demanding with sometimes 3 games in 1 week. Add to that it is physical and most refs are blind i can see a fair number of our team on the physio bench from assult many times this season.

However the league is un-predictable and you never know what could happen. If we can get off to a good start anything can happen. However if we get off to a bad one and plan A goes tits up, i'm unsure if we have a plan B.

I've optimistically gone for mid table. I think that after what we had to go through last season that would be a real improvement.

We have a young team, hopefully they will not get mauled in the first few games which might destroy their confidence which would then make things very hard.

Its going to be a long hard season but at least we seem to have a squad that are motivated and want to wear the shirt. At least that will be an improvement on a lot of last year

It either says something about the changes that have occurred since the end of last season OR the eternal optimism of football fans as if at the end of last season you had said that a poll on 'here' pre season would show less than 3% thinking we will get relegated you would probably have been ridiculed.

The Times today (4th Aug 2008) predicts that Saints will be in 20th position at the end of the season. This just goes to show how little real attention the London journalists give to the detail of changes at this and at other clubs. Easier just to predict that the relegated teams will be at the top, despite the evidence of recent years. I've filed the page, and look forward to writing to them next April!

The Times today (4th Aug 2008) predicts that Saints will be in 20th position at the end of the season. This just goes to show how little real attention the London journalists give to the detail of changes at this and at other clubs. Easier just to predict that the relegated teams will be at the top, despite the evidence of recent years. I've filed the page, and look forward to writing to them next April!

I'm sure that they are looking forward to your response

No surprises there then. Journalists are essentially lazy sods, plus of course they only really give a monkey's about the Premiership. Every August, as sure as night follows day, they confidently predict that the three teams relegated the previous season will be straight back up. Every single season they're wrong, to a greater or lesser degree, but this never stops them making the same prediction the next time around.

After guessing we'd get results at Sheff Wed and Hull I now refuse point blank to vote or predict anything to do with Saints as even worse than the opposite seems to happen. It seems safest.

OR of course

The other view is to forecast a bottom two finish

whattodo?

I've gone for mid table. Think we will struggle to start but if we stick with it we will come good. May even be an outside bet for a late Play off push ( Sorry Getting a bit carried away with optimism there ) must get a grip. I would be more than happy with a 9th or 10th place finish & a good foundation to begin moving forward instead of backwards.