importing files into itunes/iphone

Saint Keith

im trying to move some mp4 audio files from my laptop to my wifes iphone

so i took them all from my itunes and exported them into my documents. then copied those onto a memory stick, and have imported that onto my the my documents itunes bit on my wifes laptop.

this is where im stuck. they wont show up in music on her itunes. i need them in there so i can sync them with her iphone

the only way i can get it to do it at the monent is to improt them 1 by 1, whcih will take ****ing ages, as theres 215 of them

i thought id ticked all the buttons so they should copy automatically but they are not.

HELP!

ps, if i click one of the 215 files, it will play it in itunes, so it is seeing them, just i cannot get it to do a batch import

Put them in a seperate folder from the itunes music, open itunes, go to the file menu and select import folder. select the folder with the specific mp4 files and it will import them to the itunes library and put a copy of the music in the correct itunes music directory folders.

All you have to do to import anything in ITunes is just drag and drop the files onto Itunes (With it open). The files will import and will automatically be added to the correct place within your ITunes music directory.

Of course you are also using your ITunes account on this computer or otherwise you will not be able to play them as these files are registered as your music and not to the other ITunes account you may have. If this is the case then the simplest way to do it is to make a music CD from your ITunes and then import that Cd into the other computer.

Put them in a seperate folder from the itunes music, open itunes, go to the file menu and select import folder. select the folder with the specific mp4 files and it will import them to the itunes library and put a copy of the music in the correct itunes music directory folders.

it doesnt give me an import folder option, only an import library option. thenm i have to import each one manually

All you have to do to import anything in ITunes is just drag and drop the files onto Itunes (With it open). The files will import and will automatically be added to the correct place within your ITunes music directory.

Of course you are also using your ITunes account on this computer or otherwise you will not be able to play them as these files are registered as your music and not to the other ITunes account you may have. If this is the case then the simplest way to do it is to make a music CD from your ITunes and then import that Cd into the other computer.

so if it will work from a cd, why wont it work from a flash drive?

it doesnt give me an import folder option, only an import library option. thenm i have to import each one manually

Keith, sorry I was working from Memory... the option you want is 'Add Folder to Library' on the file menu......

so if it will work from a cd, why wont it work from a flash drive?

Because your using the import cd function wich rips the cd files into mp3 files.

As stated before. ITunes music store files are pretected (unless you pay for the unprotected music files that is) and will only work on the account that you purchased the music so moving these files to another machine may not allow you to play them anyway.

You can use a flash drive but you might want to double check the options within ITunes (not sure exactly which one it is as I use a MAC). There are options relating to keeping ITunes organised and there are also some other options relating to importing files. This should solve your issue.