NHL - Playoffs

Saint Martini

Still better then not actually making the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Not sure, I thought that too, but Ottawa were swept last year and I think missing the playoffs is less embarrassing than getting swept, Montreal were a disgrace, their fans a disgrace too, booing their 21 year old goalie.

Plus by missing Ottawa get a better draft pick.

Saying that, they'd better get to the playoffs next year, not sure I could take missing twice in a row...

You gotta feel sorry for Price, he's a good goallie but no confidence at all. If Montreal only had a proper backup experienced backup instead of two young players then the problem wouldn't be as big as it is now.

I'm not sure if Brodeur or Luongo or Lundqvist could have got them through that series, they were utterly inept, not even at the races and taking terrible penalties at the worst possible times, they were letting Boston walk all over them and skate uncontested into the slot.

Bizarrely enough they basically had Ottawa's season from the season before:

- started like a train

- cooled off

- bombed

- fired coach GM to bench

- lost key player to a Toronto cheap shot

- scraped into playoffs

- swept by the team they beat in the 1st round the previous year...

They have a lot of UFAs this year, so the MTL team next year may look very different this one, unless they do the idiotic thing and re-sign Koivu for more than 3M or Komasarek for more than 4.5...

Wow, Philly blew a 3-0 lead to lose 5-3 and get eleiminated 4 games to 2.

San Jose show some fight, winning in OT to take it to a game 6 in Anaheim...

The Washington vs New York series is hotting up with WAS down 3 to 2 in games but with New York in all sorts of discipline problems with the coach Tortarella suspended and Avery up to his old tricks...WAS face elimination today...

Calgary put in a stinker last night, series goes back to Calgary with Chicago up 3-2 in games...

Carolina facing elimination today vs New Jersey, can they force a game 7?

Wow, Philly blew a 3-0 lead to lose 5-3 and get eleiminated 4 games to 2.

San Jose show some fight, winning in OT to take it to a game 6 in Anaheim...

The Washington vs New York series is hotting up with WAS down 3 to 2 in games but with New York in all sorts of discipline problems with the coach Tortarella suspended and Avery up to his old tricks...WAS face elimination today...

Calgary put in a stinker last night, series goes back to Calgary with Chicago up 3-2 in games...

Carolina facing elimination today vs New Jersey, can they force a game 7?

About time after making a pigs ear of it so far despite posting the best regular season record, I hope they can force a seventh game tonight!

I just don't get San Jose, how can you play so **** poor....

Ottawa of the west!

Mind you, we at least made the conf finals when we won the Pres trophy. I think they will run Marleau out of town after this...

For my hockey pool it is great I was 4/4 in western predictions, now I need NJ and Rangers to win tonight to go 8/8...

If Boston end up playing Pittsburgh I will lose quite a few players...