Keegan resigns

Thedelldays

Can't fault him really. Keegan is such an honest and open guy that he really has no place in modern day football, he's just too principled and has an old fashoined view on ethics and morality.

I don't doubt he's a great guy and the type that football needs.

However, as a man of principle, he is like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole in the Premiership,he's best away from the cesspit that English football has been reduced too.

watching the newcastle fans singing at the ground, doesnt seem to be too many brain cells there.

Having seen some of them being interviewed they must have run the Poopey fans a close second in that ugliest fans in the Prem list. Thank God I live in Southampton with the beautiful people!! 8)

I think it amusing that someone as successful as Ashley thinks more of Wise and some agent than a living legend.

Football is just a rich man's plaything now. None of the old values exist. Hope it all falls down around them.

this is it..what has wise done wrong? dont believe the hype just because a bunch of idiots have nothing better to do other than stand outside of a football ground on a weekday ALL DAY..and sing songs about wise....

wise, by all acounts has done a great job this summer...gutirez(sp), collocini(sp) have been brilliant buys so far.....

It was also made clear to the fans that wise' job was to go after the TARGETS the club identify...

I cannot see what he has done wrong here and is getting so much stick??

this is it..what has wise done wrong? dont believe the hype just because a bunch of idiots have nothing better to do other than stand outside of a football ground on a weekday ALL DAY..and sing songs about wise....

wise, by all acounts has done a great job this summer...gutirez(sp), collocini(sp) have been brilliant buys so far.....

It was also made clear to the fans that wise' job was to go after the TARGETS the club identify...

Maybe Dennis and Kevin should have reversed roles. With Kevin as Director of football and Dennis and Gus running/coaching the side.

Agree in that they've made some good buys but the point is that they underminded Keegan's position by taking away his control of transfers.

Agree in that they've made some good buys but the point is that they underminded Keegan's position by taking away his control of transfers.

who? dennis wise or the owners?

they made a good move with wise, he stays miles away from newcastle is is never/rarely seen at games.....

I just love the way football fans are so thick and jump on bandwagons..

who? dennis wise or the owners?

they made a good move with wise, he stays miles away from newcastle is is never/rarely seen at games.....

I just love the way football fans are so thick and jump on bandwagons..

Tbh im not entirely sure who pulls the strings and who's idea it was to sell Milner and try and sell Owen, but whoever it was underminded Keegan. Personally I think Wise is a very capable football man and would do a good job if given the managers job at Newcastle.

Tbh im not entirely sure who pulls the strings and who's idea it was to sell Milner and try and sell Owen, but whoever it was underminded Keegan. Personally I think Wise is a very capable football man and would do a good job if given the managers job at Newcastle.

some fans just dont get it (not saying you)....there is no bottomless pit of cash at clubs apart from man utd (to a degree) chelsea and now man city...that is it...

at ALL other clubs in the country, players will have their price..

is milner relly worth £12m?? I think not, he is not in the england set up, does not really set a game on fire...and to think, Deco cost £8m...

as for Owen, when was the last time he played 5 games in a row for 90 mins each??? yet he takes home a massive wage at the club and seems to be prepared to let his contract run down...

there are times when managers WILL NOT get their own way...IF keegan was commited he would have seen this period through and see if the club would buy carefully (as they seem to have done this summer) in jan...

Guttierez and Collocini where hardly unknowns, both playing weekly for top clubs so it's not like it took a genius to find them. Wise's job was supposedly to help attract and develop their youngsters, it was Jiminez and Viter who identify and get the targets for Newcastle.

It's hardly suprising that Keegan was ****ed that Millner was sold without his blessing and then the club bring in a striker (Xisco) to replace him, meaning if one of Gutierez or N'Zogbia get injured they will be relying on Alan Smith to play right wing...

Guttierez and Collocini where hardly unknowns, both playing weekly for top clubs so it's not like it took a genius to find them. Wise's job was supposedly to help attract and develop their youngsters, it was Jiminez and Viter who identify and get the targets for Newcastle.

It's hardly suprising that Keegan was ****ed that Millner was sold without his blessing and then the club bring in a striker (Xisco) to replace him, meaning if one of Gutierez or N'Zogbia get injured they will be relying on Alan Smith to play right wing...

some fans just dont get it (not saying you)....there is no bottomless pit of cash at clubs apart from man utd (to a degree) chelsea and now man city...that is it...

is milner relly worth £12m?? I think not, he is not in the england set up, does not really set a game on fire...and to think, Deco cost £8m...

as for Owen, when was the last time he played 5 games in a row for 90 mins each??? yet he takes home a massive wage at the club and seems to be prepared to let his contract run down...

there are times when managers WILL NOT get their own way...IF keegan was commited he would have seen this period through and see if the club would buy carefully (as they seem to have done this summer) in jan...

Deco went for only 8 million because his off field antics where having a negative effect on the rest of the squad, the same reason why both Ronaldinho and Dos Santos both went relativley cheaply.

If I was in Keegans position I would have left as well.

Deco went for only 8 million because his off field antics where having a negative effect on the rest of the squad, the same reason why both Ronaldinho and Dos Santos both went relativley cheaply.

If I was in Keegans position I would have left as well.

veron, forlan, djemba djemba, kleberson, reyes, shevchenko, malouda are also "hardly unknowns" but also, very shiiit..

Keegan said (and I quote) regarding the Milner sale.."trust me, we have someone to replace him"....that player lined up was bastian sweinsteiger (sp) from bayern - FACT....that transfer did not come off, it happens..

I still think owen is still iving on past reputations (at the mo) and is no way worth 100k+ a week for playing 20 games MAX a season if you are lucky.....

im not saying keegan was wrong or right...I just cant see how wise can get any blame and why fans think keegan was/would do a good job....he even admitted before he came back to newcastle that he had not watched a single premiership game in 3 years!!!! 3 YEARS!!! he was running a circus (unsuccessfully) before he went back...

veron, forlan, djemba djemba, kleberson, reyes, shevchenko, malouda are also "hardly unknowns" but also, very shiiit..

Keegan said (and I quote) regarding the Milner sale.."trust me, we have someone to replace him"....that player lined up was bastian sweinsteiger (sp) from bayern - FACT....that transfer did not come off, it happens..

I still think owen is still iving on past reputations (at the mo) and is no way worth 100k+ a week for playing 20 games MAX a season if you are lucky.....

im not saying keegan was wrong or right...I just cant see how wise can get any blame and why fans think keegan was/would do a good job....he even admitted before he came back to newcastle that he had not watched a single premiership game in 3 years!!!! 3 YEARS!!! he was running a circus (unsuccessfully) before he went back...

after seeing the bits and bobs on telly...i have come to the conclusion that the residents of Newcastle are....simple.

it must cause some problems though. For example Police are looking for a bank robber/burglar etc wearing a newcastle top??????????

Do night clubs let everyone in wearing a Newcastle top?

How do clothes shops exist in Newcastle?

Are people allowed to wear Newcastle tops to work in the office etc?

after seeing the bits and bobs on telly...i have come to the conclusion that the residents of Newcastle are....simple.

it must cause some problems though. For example Police are looking for a bank robber/burglar etc wearing a newcastle top??????????

Do night clubs let everyone in wearing a Newcastle top?

How do clothes shops exist in Newcastle?

Are people allowed to wear Newcastle tops to work in the office etc?

Keegan may well be returning,he has held further talks with Ashley in London today.

You don't believe that do you? Its just a PR stunt to get the fans to calm down before tomorrows match. If they did have a meeting then it was probably about any money owed by one side or the other.

You don't believe that do you? Its just a PR stunt to get the fans to calm down before tomorrows match. If they did have a meeting then it was probably about any money owed by one side or the other.

They met face to face in west London,i would of thought if it was reference to compensation this would of been dealt with solely by each sides lawyers IMO.

Bookies have now stopped taking bets on Keegan returning.

They met face to face in west London,i would of thought if it was reference to compensation this would of been dealt with solely by each sides lawyers IMO.

Bookies have now stopped taking bets on Keegan returning.

Here's one report

http://sport.aol.co.uk/report-keegan-and-ashley-hold-talks/article/20080912163052102318892

If it was compensation then surely it would of been dealt with by lawyers as you say.