New mobile advice please.

saint lard

Ok, i know this has probably been done to death,my contract with 02 runs out at the end of the month so hence i am entitled to a free upgrade.

I have no reason to kick 02 into touch,i'm only on a £25 pay monthly tariff,which suits me.

What new handset do you techys think is pretty good.

Really want a good camera on it,not bothered about browsing the net as this is a mistake i made before and it cost me a fortune.

Ive got a decent I-pod so it dosent need to be "walkman" like.

I currently have a Sony Erricsson W880i.

The music is quite handy but not imperative.

I quite like the look of the Samsung Tocco or the Soul.

Is the Nokia N95 just good for net,or good for pic's also.

I do take quite a few pic's of days out with my son and download them onto my laptop to print them off,so good and simple the better.

Thankyou in advance..

I've had a Tocco for about 3-4 weeks now, and love it.

Functions are good, touch screen is nice and responsive, texting is just like it is on a standard phone, not a qwerty keyboard (and does predictive texting too), and from what I've seen of the camera so far, I've been impressed.

Nifty little bit of kit. I was initially looking at the Soul, and having compared it quite extensively with the Tocco, I'm convinced I've got the better of the two.

N95 is not just a great net browser (wifi or 3.5G), its got a 5MP camera with a fine Carl Zeiss lens, great video capture, decent music player, great movie playback, 8GB on board for all your storage needs, GPS and Nokia maps for navigation, Nokia n-Gage gaming platform with some excellent titles to choose from, well perfected Symbian/Microsoft syncing for calendar,

Email (html and push available), rotating screen, fully customisable themes, Lifeblog application which keepts track of your photos, videos, messages etc in a handy "scrapbook/blog" form, FM radio with RDS, TV Output for ALL applications....

I did get the impression that people were impressed by the N95,8GB,so will definately take these thoughts on board.

The Tocco did have a problem with dropping calls quite often,apparently it was a firmware problem,as if i know what that's all about,but that has supposedly been rectified.Does look nice and have some good features add the fact i'm a technophobe i can't be dealing with applications i haven't got a a clue about.

Tankyou for your'e thoughts.

I did get the impression that people were impressed by the N95,8GB,so will definately take these thoughts on board.

The Tocco did have a problem with dropping calls quite often,apparently it was a firmware problem,as if i know what that's all about,but that has supposedly been rectified.Does look nice and have some good features add the fact i'm a technophobe i can't be dealing with applications i haven't got a a clue about.

Tankyou for your'e thoughts.

That should put the 'Applekid' off from trying to sell you anything then! :roll:

I also heard about the Tocco dropping calls, apparently it was something to do with coverage switching from 3G to 2G when you're out of 3G range.

Saying that, I've not yet had a problem.

On a slightly different tack,did you get the two covers for the reverse of the phone,one is just normal and the other has a protective cover that goes over the front screen also.

Just wondered if it came as standered.

Thanks.

You'd be mad not to get an N95 8GB. They are just about THE perfect phone. Nothing out there is as good.

Pretty reasonable price too. You might need to go upto £35 a month contract in order to get the phone free though.

I've honestly never had a piece of equipment that has been such a brilliant investment.

I've also never had a phone last me more than 6 months without getting bored of it.

I've had a Tocco for about 3-4 weeks now, and love it.

Functions are good, touch screen is nice and responsive, texting is just like it is on a standard phone, not a qwerty keyboard (and does predictive texting too), and from what I've seen of the camera so far, I've been impressed.

Nifty little bit of kit. I was initially looking at the Soul, and having compared it quite extensively with the Tocco, I'm convinced I've got the better of the two.

I have the soul and it broke after 2 months, but im not sure phones are meant to be launched at walls.

IMHO its quite a nice phone, the touch panel does your head in sometimes, but the MP3 player sound quality is amazing (bang and olufsen thing) , the camera is ok, but the annoying thing is the speaker on the phone isnt that loud so you cant hear much.

Out of all the phones i have owned it is probably the second best i have had.

N95 8GB for all the reasons above.

My only bug bear is that i cant get usb cable driver to load. My laptop still "see's" the phone as a storage space so i can still transfer stuff, i just cant sync at the moment. Will look into it more later/

Even so i would still recommend it.

Col.

Menu, tools, settings, connection, USB, make sure 'ask on connection' is set to 'yes'.

Ok, i know this has probably been done to death,my contract with 02 runs out at the end of the month so hence i am entitled to a free upgrade.

I have no reason to kick 02 into touch,i'm only on a £25 pay monthly tariff,which suits me.

What new handset do you techys think is pretty good.

Really want a good camera on it,not bothered about browsing the net as this is a mistake i made before and it cost me a fortune.

Ive got a decent I-pod so it dosent need to be "walkman" like.

I currently have a Sony Erricsson W880i.

The music is quite handy but not imperative.

I quite like the look of the Samsung Tocco or the Soul.

Is the Nokia N95 just good for net,or good for pic's also.

I do take quite a few pic's of days out with my son and download them onto my laptop to print them off,so good and simple the better.

Thankyou in advance..

If it's a camera your after wait I think until November and get the new sony c906. 8mp camera

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/c905?cc=gb&lc=en

I have had a small play with this and it is very very tasty. It's also Sony so very reliable and the battery life is alot better than the nokia.

If it's a camera your after wait I think until November and get the new sony c906. 8mp camera

I have had a small play with this and it is very very tasty. It's also Sony so very reliable and the battery life is alot better than the nokia.

Blimey,8.1 magapixals.Looks nice.

Cheers for the heads up.

Blimey,8.1 magapixals.Looks nice.

Cheers for the heads up.

On a slightly different tack,did you get the two covers for the reverse of the phone,one is just normal and the other has a protective cover that goes over the front screen also.

Just wondered if it came as standered.

Thanks.

Yep, certainly does come as standard.

The Omnia is effectively the next model up - bigger phone, bigger touch screen, bigger memory, I guess it's more in line to compete with the iPhone.

Been using the camera on my Tocco much more this weekend having been away, it's very, very nice. Good range of settings and picture quality is superb for a phone camera.

If you want something neat and small, go for the Tocco.

Yep, certainly does come as standard.

The Omnia is effectively the next model up - bigger phone, bigger touch screen, bigger memory, I guess it's more in line to compete with the iPhone.

Been using the camera on my Tocco much more this weekend having been away, it's very, very nice. Good range of settings and picture quality is superb for a phone camera.

If you want something neat and small, go for the Tocco.

Thankyou for your'e advice,it is much appreciated.

Cheers for highliting the quality of the photos.

i have the omina, its awesome get it not iphone :)

I would rather headbutt a brick wall repeatedly for the next 10 years than have a phone with Windows Mobile. In fact, you'd probably be head butting a brick wall if you bought one, it's that bad.

I had a Dell Axim a while back and sent it back to Dell on the basis that Windows Mobile was f*cking useless.