Hamilton considered quitting F1

TopGun

I just thought he was being honest about it. After Jake Humphries asked the question, Lewis seemed to consider how much he was going to reveal before coming out with the line. His bounce has gone, so he said, and I know what that means too. I don't know why other people can't see what he means. Or perhaps you just don't want to. And I don't think he mentioned anywhere that he considered quitting.

It's actually a quote from about 18 months ago StL.

That would be near the end of his first F1 season then. Hardly topical or relevant to the latest interview.

Thats what I though, but it is a from a recent interview, NOT an old one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8019221.stm

His latest interview in which he expresses his thoughts about the Australia incident.

I don't know what it is about Hamilton but just can't bring myself to like him.At Mclarren Ron Dennis was his mentor so to speak but as soon as anything came along that could damage his public image he started singing a different tune.Like one minute he said he could see himself staying at Mclarren for the rest of his career then he is open to offers from other teams,also the papers said that hid dad was in contact with Bernie Eclestone over the the best way to deal with Dennis and it seems distance themselves from him.

Thats what I though, but it is a from a recent interview, NOT an old one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8019221.stm

His latest interview in which he expresses his thoughts about the Australia incident.

Thanks Pancake. That's the interview I saw too. Yes he implies that he considered giving up, but that's not actually saying it, and there is a big difference between the two things. I don't think he could do anything else, in any case, or would want to. The lad was born to race cars.

And I don't think it is necessarily required to like or dislike Hamilton either. One just has to appreciate his skills or not. Michael Schmacher was an utter sh!tbag in a car, and he used every means possible to win. But you had to appreciate his talents too. And Hamilton is way, way more acceptable than Schmacher ever was. Or do we cling to an ideal that British sporting heroes must be whiter than whiter..?

Hamilton is fast, but he's also a racer. Of British drivers that I remember when growing up, Hamilton is in the mould of Jim Clark and Jackie Stewart, where he can make the best of the machinery he's driving, whether it is crap or brilliant - look at his teammate. That's extremely rare in a driver, and only happens a couple of times in a generation. Let's appreciate that.

Give him a 15k salary and I'm sure he'll quickly realise people taking photos of him isn't so bad.

Yes. And Ponty makes a good point above. He's a tax evader like most of them so not sure how many traditional fish and chip shops he will find in Switzerland anyway. He's probably fed up with melted cheese too. Poor lad.

Yes. And Ponty makes a good point above. He's a tax evader like most of them so not sure how many traditional fish and chip shops he will find in Switzerland anyway. He's probably fed up with melted cheese too. Poor lad.

He can drive to Blackpool on one tank of gas so he could just get some fish and chips there.