Cardiff's PreSeason

Latheal

"CARDIFF City are hoping to launch their final season at Ninian Park with a sell-out attendance against Southampton on Saturday.

The Bluebirds attracted a crowd of almost 12,000 for the pre-season clash with Ajax and, with 14,000 season ticket holders ,could hit the 20,000 mark for the visit of Saints.

City are unbeaten in seven pre-season matches, having beaten Champions League qualifiers Celtic and Guimaraes before tackling Ajax, and are close to bringing in the two strikers they need to complete a 22-man squad.

Wolves forward Jay Bothroyd was in the directors’ box for Cardiff's clash with Ajax, while an offer has also been made for another goalscorer.

Ticket sales have been excellent for the visit of troubled Saints, who are facing major financial problems and have former Dutch international Jan Poortvliet in charge.

He is a third manager in 2008 for Southampton, who parted company with George Burley in January and Nigel Pearson during May.

Poortvliet, 52, fielded the team he expects to face Cardiff City for their pre-season game against West Ham at St Mary's and came out with a creditable 2-2 draw.

The Saints had scored only once in three recognised first-team friendlies before that."

from http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2008/08/04/bluebirds-are-hoping-to-pull-in-a-bumper-crowd-91466-21459078/

I don't think I've ever looked into pre-season so much as this season! COYR!

I'm loving the fact that we are being written off before a ball has even been kicked.

I have a good feeling these young guns might surprise a few this season.

Here's hoping we get off to a good start come Saturday!

you dont win anything with kids... ask neil warnock they bottled it in a pressure situation.

I just hope Cardiff will go out expecting an easy 3 points and we go out and play like we did against West Ham,then maybe we may come away with at least a point.Cardiff have had a brilliant pre season having beaten and drawn with some big teams and saturday is going to be a very hard game.

Cardiff has had a fantastic preseason, shouldn't we be worrying?

I would hate to be accused of being an optimist, but Poortvliet has had to build a team, tactics, morale, etc., from the wreckage of last season's team. It's not surprising that this began to really shine through in the WHU game.

But in the end, who knows...? You may well be right.