Amir Khan v Bredidis Prescott

Block 18

LOL at Khan, he was made to look a complete gobby **** by the dingified Columbian.

Having said that, Prescott looked awesome and never even hit him with his more powerful right. Khan should have gone on the backfoot for a round or two and then maybe stepped it up later but maybe the pressure of trying to put on a good performance for SKY got the better of him.

Then again, Prescott looks like a future world champion and even when they showed him in all the previews he looked like a man who had a mentally tougher conditioning and his background maybe be what made him the tough and confident guy that I saw this evening.

I know posturing is all part of boxing, but when he said he'd knock Khan out, I sort of got the impession that he really had the utmost confidence in doing that.

I had to laugh at Khan though, giving it all the mouth and then struggling for breath when he was on the canvas, totally humiliated and outclassed for all to see.

Where was Allah when he needed him?

I'll watch it in a weeks time when they screen it free.

Might as well watch all 50 seconds of it on youtube now, like I just did.

I can see one massive downside to this. We all know Frank Warren likes to give his fighters nice easy fights to they get to 20-0, 30-0, whatever before they really face a real test. He put Khan in with a dangerous fighter, Khan gets knocked out inside a minute. Now what crappy fights in Frank Warren going to serve us up?!

Might as well watch all 50 seconds of it on youtube now, like I just did.

I can see one massive downside to this. We all know Frank Warren likes to give his fighters nice easy fights to they get to 20-0, 30-0, whatever before they really face a real test. He put Khan in with a dangerous fighter, Khan gets knocked out inside a minute. Now what crappy fights in Frank Warren going to serve us up?!

Just did, lol at glassjaw.

Why is this bloke still fighting? I can't believe any promoter would take him on.

He reckons he's going to be a world champion in 2009! What I dislike is that Harrison's fights are always dull affairs, but seem to always be on TV. Whereas Danny Williams has had some brilliant fights in the last year/18 months but we hear nothing about them.

What annoyed me was Warren trying to say it was the wrong opponent and infering it was only the wrong one because he had a chance to win! Surely if you put a fighter on PPV then it needs to be a competitive fight? Khan proved what many have been saying for a while - he just doesn't have a chin. He may learn to defend, and he'll still have good speed but I doubt his punch resistance and his power.

By the way I did succumb and pay for it so yes I can confirm the crowd were cheering for Harrison's opponent and quite rightly. Harrison fought in 30 second bursts for maybe two rounds against a lighter, smaller fighter who was a natural cruiserweight. Add Alex Arthur's apparent willingness to concede his title (forget his whinging about the judges - he knew he'd lost well before the 12th round) and it was a depressing night. At least Nicky Cook showed a bit of hunger and ring craft.