Registry Error

Johnny Shearer

I have the following error come up on me PC after its booted up:

Error loading c:\windows\sytem32\nokipopu.dll

I've run malware bytes and superantispyware but it still keeps popping up.

I think I've got something on the PC as I get pop-ups for no reason since yesterday.

Any suggestions on what I should do next?

Thanks.

Edited by Johnny Shearer

Type nokipopu.dll into Google to find out. And for many of these errors it's always worth checking out Google for an answer. It can often point you in the right direction or indeed give you the answer.

As it happens, I tried typing this into Google, and for the first time in ages, it crapped out. But when I put the full Windows path into Google I got this result back, among others.

http://www.dll-doctor.com/landing/dll5/repair-fix-dll.php?key=windows%20system32&sc=g&cp=s&kw=19722&gclid=CIGtsaXMoJoCFQJN5Qodo3H49A

Now I'm not suggesting you go and buy some registry cleaner, but you may be able to find a free one somewhere, or a free trial. It's always worth giving Google a go, even if you just get a pointer rather than the solution.

By the way, if you find out what nokipopu.dll [Nokia software..?] is, then think back to what you've recently uninstalled, badly installed, deleted, etc.. you may find another way to your answer. You may find that re-installing and uninstalling your errant software will solve your problem.

See I did try doing that before posting on here. Found it strange that I couldn't find anything with the above in it. Therefore my thinking was that something is wrong.

I haven't installed/uninstalled anything in ages except for Spotify! Plus the random pop ups every so often have me worried.

Therefore updated both superantispyware and malwarbytes. Will run them again to see if they find anything.

Thanks, will carry on looking into it.

See I did try doing that before posting on here. Found it strange that I couldn't find anything with the above in it. Therefore my thinking was that something is wrong.

I haven't installed/uninstalled anything in ages except for Spotify! Plus the random pop ups every so often have me worried.

Therefore updated both superantispyware and malwarbytes. Will run them again to see if they find anything.

Thanks, will carry on looking into it.

Have you got any sort of Nokia software running at start up, as "popu" errors refer to pop up errors. like the one that tells you its started!HTH! :D

Either get a registry cleaner or uninstall all the offending software, and then reinstall! ;)

Edited by SOTONS EAST SIDE

Have you got any sort of Nokia software running at start up, as "popu" errors refer to pop up errors. like the one that tells you its started!HTH! :D

Either get a registry cleaner or uninstall all the offending software, and then reinstall! ;)

Interesting as I did install some nokia software when I first got my N95 over a year ago. However looked for it on my list of programs but not there! Will have a proper look around and get rid of it.

start-run-msconfig.msc

check whats starting up

Cheers have done this and disabled it for the time being.

Interesting as I did install some nokia software when I first got my N95 over a year ago. However looked for it on my list of programs but not there! Will have a proper look around and get rid of it.

Cheers have done this and disabled it for the time being.

Do a search in the search bar(nokia) and delete any Nokia software you come across! ;)

Can I just hijack an active thread to ask if anyone can recommend a free download to convert docx to doc? I used to have one on my old laptop but can't find anything similar now without a fee.

I think Microsoft do it themselves as a free download.

BTW, in future, just PM someone you know, or a Mod/Admin, and they'll start the thread for you. In fact, if you don't get any joy, you can PM me.

OK..?

My thread got hijacked!

Anyhows - I have run a regcure application and still came up. Got rid of all nokia related files and thanks to SS found out where I can do a system restore from now on.

Sadly the problem persisted so just disabled the application on the startup area.

Think its high time to get an external hard drive shift everything over and start afresh by wiping my current PC clean. I've only done twice I think in 8 years!

My thread got hijacked!

Anyhows - I have run a regcure application and still came up. Got rid of all nokia related files and thanks to SS found out where I can do a system restore from now on.

Sadly the problem persisted so just disabled the application on the startup area.

Think its high time to get an external hard drive shift everything over and start afresh by wiping my current PC clean. I've only done twice I think in 8 years!

OK, your thread is back with you. Good to read you have made some progress.

Have found it strange that since the registry error started up I now get random pop-ups.

This makes me think that I have a virus of some sort. However as mentioned earlier have run malwarebytes and superantispyware. Maybe they're not catching something!

Just a warning to people - I didnt have a registry error but a virus/trojan instead. Cheers for the tips though.

It was a right bugger. As one led to another. Its annoying as I've been extra careful over the last year too however the following happened:

-Registry error for 'nukipopu' not nokipopu as I first thought and leading everyone down the wrong path with my initial post!

-You get random pop-ups even when not surfing the web.

-You can't log into hotmail/forums properly as a new window would open saying the page is loading up but it doesn't.

-PC slows down.

-You can download antispyware BUT the virus will not let you install it properly. In some cases the install files becoming corrupted so you can't even remove it to re-install it.

-It won't let antispyware/anti-virus software update itself.

The solution was to update Malwarebytes but I couldn't do that at first due to it being corrupted.

Therefore I booted into safemode and ran chkdsk - which I did by fluke as I don't know much about running things in DOS or whatever its called. This fixed malwarebytes and I ran the updated version in safemode. It picked up the following:

Vundo

Trojan Downloader

The Google redirect worm

and a host of others

This all happened in a space of 5/6 days whilst I was trying to fix it. So please watch out.

The people who make software like this a right c**ts imo. :mad:

Edited by Johnny Shearer