Games you're definitely going to buy this year

thesaint sfc

With the recession and what not, I haven't bought any games at all this year.

I'm definitely going to buy:

Ghostbusters - 19th June - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVGSGynYpg

Arma 2 - 26th June - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNV8UbzA9UM

Operation Flashpoint 2 - Summer 2009 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YofVL4UyEM0

Mafia II - October 2009 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVkHraUDDpk&feature=related

Max Payne 3 - December 2009 - http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/index2.php

Call Of Duty 6 - December 2009

I thought ARMA was the new OPF2? Or is it like FM and CM, as in the company has split etc and made different titles? Defo like the look of both though and of COD6 will be good. Heard rumours that Half Life 2: Episode 3 is out December 09 but only rumours...

E3 is only like 3 weeks away now. That will be when we find out all the new games coming out for all the formats. Will be a really good one this year because rumour has it that Sony Microsoft and Nintendo have a lot of titles to show. Microsoft said "They will empty the bank at e3" so will be interesting to see what that means.

Games i'll be getting for sure are Fight Night Round 4 as i love boxing obviously. Mafia 2 will be quality. Eidos will be announcing Thief 4 on 11th may so will get that. Gran Turismo 5 if it comes this year. Forza 3 for sure. Operation Flashpoint 2. Diablo 3.

The game i want the most is Alan Wake, that game will probably set the new benchmark in terms of graphics and physics for games, only problem is i doubt it will come this year, been in development over 5 years already!

Also wouldn't mind Assasins Creed 2 but i have still not finished the first one!

God, are people still using consoles ? I don't think I've played a game in months, and I've got 4 or 5 still in the shrinkwrap (including Xmas 2007's Skate and Bioshock, FFS !!!).

I appear to have had a life of some kind. Worrying.

God, are people still using consoles ? I don't think I've played a game in months, and I've got 4 or 5 still in the shrinkwrap (including Xmas 2007's Skate and Bioshock, FFS !!!).

I haven't turned my Xbox on since November last year now. Been playing with the PC/myself instead.

Nailing munters CF, CL etc tell me

Thats a good point and probably worth a Fred of its own. My excuse is it keeps me out of the pub hance saving me £££'s every month.

I dont know about buying any new games soon, i still have to finish;

Fallout 3, Red Alert 3, Gears of War 2 and Eternal Sonata.

Plus im living on Burnout Paradise and FIFA 09 atm.

But i spose im really looking forward to;

Star Ocean 4

Tales of Vesperia

and especially Final Fantasy 13

Im getting my RPG freak on at the moment.

Final Fantasy wont be coming until 2010 at the earliest. It should in theory be released in Japan in december this year. They then work on changing it for the other places i.e hire actors etc. Number 12 was released in Japan in march 2006, but didnt come out until feb 2007 here.

So personally i think we are probably looking at 2011 before we get our hands on it sadly.

Final Fantasy wont be coming until 2010 at the earliest. It should in theory be released in Japan in december this year. They then work on changing it for the other places i.e hire actors etc. Number 12 was released in Japan in march 2006, but didnt come out until feb 2007 here.

So personally i think we are probably looking at 2011 before we get our hands on it sadly.

C*nts, c*nts, c*nts.

Why do these massive corporations treat Europe with such contempt?

Bring on Nathan Drake and Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves. There won't be many better than this in 09 if the last one is anything to go by.

And this of course, should be an epic.

After looking it up Infamous also seems like a shout.

Surely if it's just translation, they can do that concurrently with the Japanese version? I thought with FFX they added some extras into the game for EU & US versions (dark aeons & Penance) which might have delayed non-Japanese launches.

For now I'm sticking with April 2010 (ok so still not this year) before I start learning Japanese:

http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?page=article&article=342

Surely if it's just translation, they can do that concurrently with the Japanese version? I thought with FFX they added some extras into the game for EU & US versions (dark aeons & Penance) which might have delayed non-Japanese launches.

For now I'm sticking with April 2010 (ok so still not this year) before I start learning Japanese:

http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?page=article&article=342

Yoshinori Kitase (producer) - said they were keen to reduce the localisation time, this time round, specifically with Europe in mind. Aiming at pre-winter 2010 release over here.

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2009/05/05/final-fantasy-xiii-coming-to-europe-before-winter-2010.html

I doubt its ability to transfer to the 360 though, think they may have made a mistake there, despite the fact i own a 360 and want this game.

Personally i think we should get the release (and all other games too) with the US, since the only reason it takes longer to get to Europe is the localisation into all the different countries with different languages. But because of PAL/NTSC formats thatll never happen

I don't need to "buy" that ;)

Just remember we will be the best team in League One when you do it this year MLG! Gillett will be the midfield lynchpin and Gobern, McLaggon and Mills will be the nuts too. :-)

Just remember we will be the best team in League One when you do it this year MLG! Gillett will be the midfield lynchpin and Gobern, McLaggon and Mills will be the nuts too. :-)

And McGoldrick will be a lot better too ;)

And Davis come to think of it (if he's still here). His shot stopping and reflexes should be 20.

Why not? :axe:

Because the 1-20 scale is on a world level. If I gave him 20 it would mean he had the best shot stopping and reflexes out of any goalkeeper in the world. Which is clearly wrong. Also if I gave hime 20 for those two things his ratings due to the database system involved would have to come down in other areas.

Don't worry though, I will still be improving him :)