Nokia 5800

thesaint sfc

I've got the Nokia N95 8GB at the moment. I was waiting to buy the Nokia N97, but after having a look at the Nokia 5800 it looks rather good and considerably cheaper. I think I may even be able to get it for free on a 12 month contract if I really try with O2.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else had a Nokia N95 8GB and change for the 5800? Any Nokia 5800 users?

Watching this video has put me off quite a bit. He keeps having to click on things twice as it doesn't recognise his first click. I think I'll stick with my N95 8GB for the time being. I'll take a look at the N97 when it comes out.

I got my friend one. It's fine for her but I don't like touch screen much. The internet is harder to use IMO and opera keeps exiting. It isn't really big enough to use your fingers so you have to use the dam stylus all the time. I like being able to do to things with a single hand rather than having to use both (no jokes please.)

I am frustrated by Nokia's strategy at the moment. The N95 8GB is fantastic. I need to renew my contract soon but there is absolutely no need for me to change phone. Nokia only have to give me a decent upgrade and I would buy it. The N97 is too big, hideously expensive and has no huge upgrades from my existing phone to justify the expense. I think I'm going to stick with the N95 8GB until something comes along to make me want to part with my cash (probably another year *sigh*)

i currently pay £20 a month on a 1 month rolling simplicity contract with o2. I dont doubt at all that i still would be doing the same in 18 months time. I managed to talk them into giving me the phone for free if i went on an 18 month contract rather than sticking with my 1 month one. I get 1000 texts and 800 mins + a loyalty gift of 200 extra texts + free web browsing + unlimited o2 to o2 calls all for £20 a month. Ill never need more than that so might as well stick with it for 18 months and get a free phone. There is a 14 day peace of mind period so if i dont like the phone i can send it back and carry on with my 1 month rolling contract. Ill probably wait for the o97 if that happens. I suggest you look at the simplicity contract hyp. Its a bargain and you dont lose loyalty by moving over to it (presuming you're with o2)

Nope am with T-mobile. I consider them the best for internet which is what I use my mobile for most. Wish they had better signal though. I use my mobile a lot and pay 22 pounds on an 18 month flext contract. I get 180 pounds worth of calls and texts (which I never go over) and unlimited internet.

I just don't like the look of the N97. It's seriously underpowered for the price (I mean look at the Omnia HD.) and I like the candy bar format or slide like the N95. I think I'm going to wait until theres an 8MP camera with decent battery, maybe faster internet (4G?) and a better processor.

Phones just arrived. Its the N95 8GB with a touch screen basically.... Will be buying a 16GB Micro SD memory card as soon as there's a good deal going around. I don't have it in me to sell my N95 8GB. Its worth more to me than the £140 I could get for it now on ebay.

Phones just arrived. Its the N95 8GB with a touch screen basically.... Will be buying a 16GB Micro SD memory card as soon as there's a good deal going around. I don't have it in me to sell my N95 8GB. Its worth more to me than the £140 I could get for it now on ebay.

Let us know how you get on mate, Im thinking of moving up from the 95 too.

Without tactile keys and a worse camera. I don't like it but fair enough if you do.

it seems quite a lot quicker and more responsive than the N95 8gb. Takes a little bit of getting used to with the on screen keyboard but its very easy to use and not like some touch screen phones. I've not pressed the wrong button yet! Wouldn't recommend it to someone with gigantic hands though. Worse camera - yes. Can't deny that one. Camera looks very grainy in comparison to the N95 8GB but doesn't bother me too much. Internet is far, far, far easier to use and more user friendly. I don't regret my decission and feel more comfortable putting the N95 8GB on ebay now.

http://shopping.e2save.com/t-mobile-payg-phone/Nokia+5800+Xpress+Music+Red+Clearance/1/CLENOK5800

5800 for £150 on Virgin, how locked down will it be? Would it take an O2 sim, might get the mrs one....

Don't think virgin phones are locked ever. I saw that deal which is what egged me on to get this phone. Was going to order that one, but decided to get it for free instead.

it seems quite a lot quicker and more responsive than the N95 8gb. Takes a little bit of getting used to with the on screen keyboard but its very easy to use and not like some touch screen phones. I've not pressed the wrong button yet! Wouldn't recommend it to someone with gigantic hands though. Worse camera - yes. Can't deny that one. Camera looks very grainy in comparison to the N95 8GB but doesn't bother me too much. Internet is far, far, far easier to use and more user friendly. I don't regret my decission and feel more comfortable putting the N95 8GB on ebay now.

Do you have the latest firmware on your N95? That makes a big difference. Fair enough mate I guess it's just personal preference. I prefer tactile keys.