What has the world come to????

Weston Super Saint

My pub is being sued, because a child scratched her leg!!

The child in question was playing on the outside play area when she slipped and scratched her leg - when questioned about how it happened her parents couldn't provide an answer as they were in a different part of the pub getting ****ed and not supervising their little 'un like all the signs say they should.....

The girl's mother refused any kind of first aid help because in her words 'it's only a scratch' - it wasn't even bleeding!!!

This morning I received notice that some tin pot claims solicitors are putting in a claim because their client suffered 'laceration and bruising'.

Just WTF is the world coming to, when a child can fall over and very slightly hurt themselves, and these idiots can put a claim in for negligence : roll : How many people fell over and took the skin off their knees when they were kids???

I would love to go to court with this and watch any sound minded judge / magistrate throw the case out for time wasting, but the company I work for will probably just write a cheque out for £200 or so as this will be cheaper than all the f&cking about.

These things really make my blood boil...

My mates sister got £4000 for falling off a swing in a pub garden and breaking her arm. Cos it bled it doubled the compo!
Your mate sister is a c*nt for claiming, unless the swing broke causing the injury?

In 10 years there won't be any swings for kids to play on because of w*nkers like your mates sister and other money hungry retards.

This young girl, with the scratched leg, could have been treated by someone in the pub. Now, having read soem of WSS posts it would not surprise me if most of the people in that pub were AIDS ridden drug addicts. The young could have could some nasty disease because of the mixing of the blood. She probably scrathced herself on a discarded needle. Fair play to her parents for trying to get these scum off the streets. I hope she takes the pub for everything they have and that it closes down, leaving the junkies somewhere else to find and carry on with their disgusting ways.

Your mate sister is a c*nt for claiming, unless the swing broke causing the injury?

In 10 years there won't be any swings for kids to play on because of w*nkers like your mates sister and other money hungry retards.

'Tis true.

I'm seriously thinking of just closing the indoor and outdoor play area to avoid anyone doing the same thing again.

We should then just make the children sit to attention on their chairs without speaking or moving....

This young girl, with the scratched leg, could have been treated by someone in the pub. Now, having read soem of WSS posts it would not surprise me if most of the people in that pub were AIDS ridden drug addicts. The young could have could some nasty disease because of the mixing of the blood. She probably scrathced herself on a discarded needle. Fair play to her parents for trying to get these scum off the streets. I hope she takes the pub for everything they have and that it closes down, leaving the junkies somewhere else to find and carry on with their disgusting ways.

Always helpful comments, just a pity you only have three a day ;)

Just ban kids from pubs - full stop.

Pubs are for blokes to get ****ed , **** the barmaids and have a fight on the car park afterwards..

Just to add, if you know who the parents are then maybe they need a little visit from a few of your regulars, the more nasty ones. The parents have engineered this and they may need roughing up a little too.

On a more serious note. I agree, the local swings, slides etc were removed from my area last year, due to the council being sued too many times. I really do worry about the country in another ten years time, basically, you need to look at what latest trends and litigation cases are happening in the USA today and then prepare for their imminent arrival over here in a few years time.

It was the USA who started all this nonsense with their backward ways and you can guarantee that what happens over there will at some point become the norm over here.

Although I detest people like this who look to scrounge a few pennies from such minor inncident, you have to cast a lot of the blame on the system that facilitates them. If it wasnt open to abuse from such money hungry cretins, then half of the injury lawyers would be on the doll, and the mother would have apologised for her daughter kicking your property.

Just ban kids from pubs - full stop.

Pubs are for blokes to get ****ed , **** the barmaids and have a fight on the car park afterwards..

Just to add, if you know who the parents are then maybe they need a little visit from a few of your regulars, the more nasty ones. The parents have engineered this and they may need roughing up a little too.

On a more serious note. I agree, the local swings, slides etc were removed from my area last year, due to the council being sued too many times. I really do worry about the country in another ten years time, basically, you need to look at what latest trends and litigation cases are happening in the USA today and then prepare for their imminent arrival over here in a few years time.

It was the USA who started all this nonsense with their backward ways and you can guarantee that what happens over there will at some point become the norm over here.

Normally that would be a great idea, however knowing where these people live and come from, I think even my nastiest regulars might think twice....

The Pikies that owe me a favour or two on the other hand won't shirk away from anyone....

Solicitors/ Barristers to blame for all this. I have no time for the judiciary and as in your case the decision could go anyway/whichway and that is why your firm will settle out of court.

These solicitors in your case are to be looked at closely.

Even in criminal court cases the lawyers/magistrates/judges make some funny decisions

but then again we have done that to death. Rhyme or reason springs to mind.

Is there absolute proof it happened on your ground or did kid run in the blackberry bushes the other side of the boundary. You must have a witness on your side who saw the true incident.

Your witnesses are as good as their non witness.

Edited by ottery st mary

What a load of ********. It's a crying shame that our society is becoming so pathetic, so selfish, so utterly incapable of simply taking responsibility for themselves. A kid fell over, so the **** what? It's a shame her mother didn't fall over and ruin her face.

Thats even better, they would have a big legal team and I bet their legal costs would be massive if they chose to fight it. It would bankrupt these idiots should they continue and lose the case.

We would have to pay our legal team up front, and the law is VERY fickle, so no guarantees we would win anyway.

They on the other hand are using 'legal aid' so aren't paying a penny.

Personally I would love to.

Unfortunately I work for a big company, so those decisions are not mine to make :(

Parents lack of supervision of said child in or out of your premises. Talk to social services. Mind you that could be a lot of parents to-day.

Ps I am coming to WSS very soon we could have a supporters forum meet and

a few beers. Name the road and I'II be there. Plus I want to really hurt myself

in tour play area and get your brewery to pay out at the same time.

Bloody solicitors. Mind you I could use the same brief.

Parents lack of supervision of said child in or out of your premises. Talk to social services. Mind you that could be a lot of parents to-day.

Ps I am coming to WSS very soon we could have a supporters forum meet and

a few beers. Name the road and I'II be there. Plus I want to really hurt myself

in tour play area and get your brewery to pay out at the same time.

Bloody solicitors. Mind you I could use the same brief.

I moved to Southampton 14 months ago - from Wales - It has been 3 years since I lived in Weston Super Mare, I'm just too lazy to change my name :D

You may already have injured yourself in my pub, and missed the chance to sue :shock:

We would have to pay our legal team up front, and the law is VERY fickle, so no guarantees we would win anyway.

They on the other hand are using 'legal aid' so aren't paying a penny.

Id be very surprised if legal aid approved that, they only approve serious cases.

I think its like the P2P cases, send letter and hope people pay up,if people fight it, they dont do a thing. They just want the easy money of people paying up without a fight.

I moved to Southampton 14 months ago - from Wales - It has been 3 years since I lived in Weston Super Mare, I'm just too lazy to change my name :D

You may already have injured yourself in my pub, and missed the chance to sue :shock:

In that case I'II have a drink in your pub in Southampton I'II be there soon.

Id be very surprised if legal aid approved that, they only approve serious cases.

I think its like the P2P cases, send letter and hope people pay up,if people fight it, they dont do a thing. They just want the easy money of people paying up without a fight.

Maybe.....

The letter did state that they were currently awaiting for a funding decision - not sure what that means....

Robsk II...this is totally unexpected from someone like you..:o

PC gone mad, I tell thee

No, it's entirely expected. I'm a pragmatist and a realist, not a massively blinkered staunch extreme leftist. But then, if you actually ever read anything I posted properly, you might know that.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Maybe.....

The letter did state that they were currently awaiting for a funding decision - not sure what that means....

Whether the Law firm will offer them a No Win - No Fee deal.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
And I'll wager that offer will depend on our company's initial reaction to the letter....

Which, if I was the solicitor in your company's legal team acting on this case would be a succinct:

Dear Mr and Mrs P. Ikey

Re. Your daughters accident.

Feck off.

Yours Faithfully,

A. Lawyer LLB

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Not sure that would cut the mustard.

OK then, I would couch it in legalese. I'm sure that they wouldn't be able to understand any words of two syllables or more without having to show the letter to their solicitor.

Any adults that take their kids to pubs are skanks IMO. Get a baby sitter or miss out. A pub is not the environment for a kid and this point shows this.

Sure a restuarant meal which you take the rug rats to on a Sunday is fine but taking kids to a pub so you can get drunk is just plain wrong.

Agree with that, I go to the pub to get away from my kids for a couple of hours, I don't want to be confronted with somebody else's screaming brat!

:mad:

Maybe.....

At a guess, it means whether they are pending the decision to have the representation for free or not, due to the facts of the case?

I don't see why you don't just represent yourself, if the facts are what you say, I can't see why anyone would not just throw the case out!

That or I can help you - law student :rolleyes: