No Room on CR-RW

georgeg

Good morning fellow Saints fans - can you help please?

I have a cd-rw 700mb which has a couple of photo files on it - I have just tried to copy a couple more photo files on it but it wont let me - the point is this - when I right click the cd- properties - it shows the cd as full but it only has 221mbs used and shows a completley blue "pie" - how can this be????

thanks as ever for your advice! COYR

Good morning fellow Saints fans - can you help please?

I have a cd-rw 700mb which has a couple of photo files on it - I have just tried to copy a couple more photo files on it but it wont let me - the point is this - when I right click the cd- properties - it shows the cd as full but it only has 221mbs used and shows a completley blue "pie" - how can this be????

thanks as ever for your advice! COYR

Depends how you [or someone else] 'finished off' the CD when it was first written.

Some software programs will effectively 'seal' the CD up once files have been written to it and not allow any more info to go onto it.

Easier just to get another CD, copy what is on the first one, then add the new stuff to it, choosing the option to allow more info to be written at a later date...

Being a CD-RW you could copy the contents of the disc to your hard drive, erase the disc and then restore the data along with the additional files.

I thought this, many years ago, but had the same problem with some music files. All I could put it down to was the fact that I had mistakenly 'closed' the session or finalised the disc.