Belgium GP

Thedelldays

why do they always do a close up in Hamiltons dad.....every bloody race/qualifier/practice/tyre change/pit stop/sneeze..

who the feck cares?

Anthony Hamilton's new found celebrity status is just another thing to hold against Lewis in many peoples' opinions.

Not a bad qualifying session this race, particularly after the disappointment of Renault's performance at Valencia. There's an opportunity to reduce the gap to Toyota this week. Whether we make the most of it is another thing altogether.

Just back from qualy. My first Grand Prix event and as a spectacle it was pretty impressive. There is something about Spa I just love. A certain character to the place that you just don't get on TV. The hill going up Eau Rouge is just imense. You just don't get an idea of how steep it is from TV either. I'll stick some photos up in a bit.

Anthony Hamilton's new found celebrity status is just another thing to hold against Lewis in many peoples' opinions.

Not a bad qualifying session this race, particularly after the disappointment of Renault's performance at Valencia. There's an opportunity to reduce the gap to Toyota this week. Whether we make the most of it is another thing altogether.

I' m soo soo tired ponty, just stop it we're all so tired

Just back from qualy. My first Grand Prix event and as a spectacle it was pretty impressive. There is something about Spa I just love. A certain character to the place that you just don't get on TV. The hill going up Eau Rouge is just imense. You just don't get an idea of how steep it is from TV either. I'll stick some photos up in a bit.
Don't bother mate, we can all imagine mmmm hills.

Should be an ideal result for Lewis if things stay as they are. Raikkonen wins, him second, massa third. Ferrari still won't know who to throw their weight behind and Lewis extends his championship lead by another 2 points. Giving him nearly a race in hand should things go badly.

**** sake, they are saying Lewis might be under investigation!

For those who don't know, Lewis was forced wide at the chicane, meaning he took the escape route. He then let Kimmi go back into the lead, then overtook him at the first corner.

They argument is I believe that Lewis still had better momentum out of the corner. Thus not really surrendering his advantage when he allowed Kimi to overtake back on the straight. However, it just looked to me like the Ferarri had crap traction and that the McLaren simply outperformed Kimi on the way into la Source.

They argument is I believe that Lewis still had better momentum out of the corner. Thus not really surrendering his advantage when he allowed Kimi to overtake back on the straight. However, it just looked to me like the Ferarri had crap traction and that the McLaren simply outperformed Kimi on the way into la Source.

Not sure they can argue that becuase Hamilton let Kimi go first over the line, thus, by defenition, letting him retake the lead?

**** sake, they are saying Lewis might be under investigation!

For those who don't know, Lewis was forced wide at the chicane, meaning he took the escape route. He then let Kimmi go back into the lead, then overtook him at the first corner.

I listened closely to what Ron Dennis was saying. He was making it very clear that during the particular incident, his team was trying to keep Hamilton very much on the correct rule side of the racing. Even so, it's possible the stewards could rule that Hamilton got an unfair advantage by having better momentum into the corner where he passed Raikonnen for the decisive time. But then Raikonnen would gain no advantage from that because he drove the thing into the wall in any case. If the stewards penalise Hamilton in any way, it'll only harden people's thoughts that Ferrari have a special relationship with the F1 rule makers.

What's the odds the stewards don't have a say in this result..? ;)

I listened closely to what Ron Dennis was saying. He was making it very clear that during the particular incident, his team was trying to keep Hamilton very much on the correct rule side of the racing. Even so, it's possible the stewards could rule that Hamilton got an unfair advantage by having better momentum into the corner where he passed Raikonnen for the decisive time. But then Raikonnen would gain no advantage from that because he drove the thing into the wall in any case. If the stewards penalise Hamilton in any way, it'll only harden people's thoughts that Ferrari have a special relationship with the F1 rule makers.

i said this 2 weeks ago after massa was let off for the pit lane thing. If that had been any other driver it would have been a drive through penalty

Anybody could see that Hamilton slowed down to allow Kimi to retake the lead, hence he couldn't possibly carry any additional momentum down the pit straight. He then came round the back of Kimi's car and overtook him on the opposite side.

If the FIA rule this one in Ferrari's favour and give the race to Massa, I swear I will never watch F1 ever again. This bias towards Ferrari is cringeworthy.

...Even so, it's possible the stewards could rule that Hamilton got an unfair advantage by having better momentum into the corner where he passed Raikonnen for the decisive time. But then Raikonnen would gain no advantage from that because he drove the thing into the wall in any case. If the stewards penalise Hamilton in any way, it'll only harden people's thoughts that Ferrari have a special relationship with the F1 rule makers.

I take no pleasure from being right here. I was almost confident the race stewards would somehow manipulate the outcome to favour Ferrari. If Raikonnen had kept his car on the track, there would have been very little doubt, the race would have been handed to him. As usual, the cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. The fix is in.

How can you take a championship seriously when it is patently so sided in favour of Ferrari..? And I would be as outraged if it were another driver.

I rest my case..!

The weird thing is... today's race was an excellent advert for F1. Invariably, it's as boring as boring gets, and is basically [for me] a filler in between MotoGP races. Well it's been completely ruined.

Could be time the other teams took a stand.

Absolutely gobsmacked. No one could accuse me of being Hamilton's biggest fan but that decision is completely unfathomable. I'd like to know where the mystery 25 seconds came from too (If they'd made it 30 we'd have got a podium!). I expect I'll get more details tomorrow but for now I'm just amazed. Lewis drove brilliantly in those last couple of laps and thoroughly deserved the victory. Win or lose the championship I hope it's not decided by the 4 points reversed today.

PS. Not many people mentioned Fernando overtaking Kubica and Bourdais on the line. Poor Vettel was already celebrating 4th when Nando nipped past. Haven't seen a finish like that for ages.

Absolutely gobsmacked. No one could accuse me of being Hamilton's biggest fan but that decision is completely unfathomable. I'd like to know where the mystery 25 seconds came from too (If they'd made it 30 we'd have got a podium!). I expect I'll get more details tomorrow but for now I'm just amazed. Lewis drove brilliantly in those last couple of laps and thoroughly deserved the victory. Win or lose the championship I hope it's not decided by the 4 points reversed today.

PS. Not many people mentioned Fernando overtaking Kubica and Bourdais on the line. Poor Vettel was already celebrating 4th when Nando nipped past. Haven't seen a finish like that for ages.

I have to say that made me laugh. He came from Nowhere, and kinda pleased for him. Not much gone for him this season, so was nice to see him grab 4th.

I would love to see McClaren get a 1-2 next week at Monza, in the boringest race ever, just to **** the FIA off even more.

Utter, utter b0ll0cks. The FIA are a fvcking joke. Do they really take every F1 fan for that stupid - it's such an obvious fix.

I ask you, how can Hamilton have possibly gained an advantage from the extra momentum when he slowed down enough to come round the back of Raikonnen's car and overtake him on the opposite side?

I'm not even Hamilton's biggest fan, but I have total sympathy for him in this situation and I want to see him win the title just to say a big "fvck you" to the FIA.