Internationals Thread.

Andy_Porter

1423: Cracking atmosphere in Skopje and the hosts have settled much the better of the two teams. In stifling conditions, Macedonia are being given time on the ball in midfield and Scotland need to get themselves into the game here.

1417: "Scotland look terribly nervous."

BBC Radio Scotland commentator David Begg

Who's their manager again?

Yes, now the realisation that I never really got rid of Burley is becoming apparent, as it probably is for all Scottish Saints. 10 minutes into our world cup campaign and we are likely out already.

Hopefully England will fail miserably too so I don't have to hear too much about Scotland's shortcomings...

1549: "What on earth has happened to the pride and passion in the Scotland squad? What has George Burley done to destroy this?"

gers-ham89 on 606

Not a follower of CCC football then...

That post on 606 made me LOL. Maybe he should come on this forum and we'll explain to him what is going to happen with the Scotland team.

Qualification is going to be a piece of cake for Holland this way.

To be fair, Macedonia really are not the bunch of no-hoper part-timers the press and fans like to make out.

In two attempts on HOME soil, England have failed to beat them. I know that doesn't say an awful lot right now, but England are ranked 15th in the world (somehow), so while people thought the result the first time Macedonia played here (at SMS) was a fluke, they proved otherwise when they got a draw at Old Trafford as well.

Better teams than Scotland will go to Skopje and fail to win.

Scotland were much the better team in the 2nd half, but suffered due to a poor first half performance. That being said, the freekick Macedonia scored from should never have been given, and Scotland should have had a penalty in the 2nd half.

Looking forward to Slovakia v Northern Ireland now.

Am I the only one that, remembering how we played last time we played Andorra, actually thought we played alright last night?

Last time we looked as if we didn't know what to do when we got the ball, but this time we passed the ball fine, Walcott did pretty well out wide in the first half particularly.

Am I the only one that, remembering how we played last time we played Andorra, actually thought we played alright last night?

Last time we looked as if we didn't know what to do when we got the ball, but this time we passed the ball fine, Walcott did pretty well out wide in the first half particularly.

Yes you are.

lampard and rooney needed to play well last night....neither did and should not be in the team...

I would play J.cole in Rooneys role..

for croatia...

james

brown

a.cole

rio

terry

bentley

barry

beckham

downing

j.cole

heskey

rooney, lampard need a break from the team

downing is poor but need him on the left to keep a 442 shape

and defoe should be dropped immediately

as soon (if) owen proves his fitness, it has to be an owen.heskey combo up front..

Beckham central? He's absolutely useless there. And if you dont want to play Downing you could play Bentley leftwing and Walcott right. This would also open up the leftwing for A.Cole. As for the central midfield partner for Barry, its rather strange that England don't have any viable options there really. This position is in theory their strongpoint.

Beckham central? He's absolutely useless there. And if you dont want to play Downing you could play Bentley leftwing and Walcott right. This would also open up the leftwing for A.Cole. As for the central midfield partner for Barry, its rather strange that England don't have any viable options there really. This position is in theory their strongpoint.

sod...lets get jimmy bullard in the team

one thing though...you can guaratee frank lampard and wayne rooney will start..both of whom need to play well

sod...lets get jimmy bullard in the team

one thing though...you can guaratee frank lampard and wayne rooney will start..both of whom need to play well

Ow yeah, forgot Capello selected him.

I'd go for

-----------James-----------

----------------------------

Brown Ferdinand Terry A.Cole

Walcott Bullard Barry Bentley

-----------J.Cole-----------

----------Heskey-----------

Ow yeah, forgot Capello selected him.

I'd go for

-----------James-----------

Brown Ferdinand Terry A.Cole

Walcott Bullard Barry Bentley

-----------J.Cole-----------

----------Heskey-----------

like the look of that.....

good to see theo developing nicely....his close control and first touch is very good, but you would expect that playing for the club he does....

lampard and rooney needed to play well last night....neither did and should not be in the team...

I would play J.cole in Rooneys role..

for croatia...

james

brown

a.cole

rio

terry

bentley

barry

beckham

downing

j.cole

heskey

rooney, lampard need a break from the team

downing is poor but need him on the left to keep a 442 shape

and defoe should be dropped immediately

as soon (if) owen proves his fitness, it has to be an owen.heskey combo up front..

Good idea to drop Pompey players Johnson and Defoe but why not James as well. We have already lost Kranjcar to injury on international duty we don't want to lose any more. I'm sure you'd hate it if we were weakend because of our players turning out for England. At least Crouch, Campbell and Nugent were safely at home. Robinson and Carson are the way forward.