CASTROL EDGE 5w40 fully synthetic motor oil

Dog

It can do turbo diesel engines yes, but it is the main oil used in motorsport, ask Ponty.

Ponty? Is this true please?

Told nipper and he said that he's spent his budget this season but will speak to the team owner (his FIL) this weekend.

It is better than the 5W-30 oil Al.

It's not so much a case of being "better". The figures refer to viscosity at start-up and when operating so an engine is designed to operate with a particular grade of oil. How well that oil lasts and how clean it keeps the engine are really what makes an oil better.

I believe the stuff that VW brand and keep on the shelf for my car is made for them by Castrol anyway.

It's not so much a case of being "better". The figures refer to viscosity at start-up and when operating so an engine is designed to operate with a particular grade of oil. How well that oil lasts and how clean it keeps the engine are really what makes an oil better.

I believe the stuff that VW brand and keep on the shelf for my car is made for them by Castrol anyway.

So your VW tourag requires better oil than a ferrari?

So your VW tourag requires better oil than a ferrari?

What? Why do you keep using the term "better", that is a totally non-quantifiable term here.

Castrol themselves recommend the 10w60 for an F430 Coupe anyway...

Edited by Pancake

What? Why do you keep using the term "better", that is a totally non-quantifiable term here.

Castrol themselves recommend the 10w60 for an F430 Coupe anyway...

That is a better oil than mine.

Look I was just trying to offer someone some cheap oil and all I get is a load of grief.

It will be poured down the drain at 5pm should I get no better offers.

I will feel alot better when it's gone.