Drunk driver appears drunk in court

This is not as straight forward as you might think from just reading the title. :mad:

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/5565703/drunk-driver-appears-drunk-court/

I regret to say that NZ appears to have a very high tolerence towards repeat drunk drivers. :mad:

The Police must be absolutely livid with the slap on the wrist that the Courts hand out

time after time after time.

Sorry it's in the Lounge but I am unable to post in the Motoring section for some reason.

This is not as straight forward as you might think from just reading the title. :mad:

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/5565703/drunk-driver-appears-drunk-court/

I regret to say that NZ appears to have a very high tolerence towards repeat drunk drivers. :mad:

The Police must be absolutely livid with the slap on the wrist that the Courts hand out

time after time after time.

Sorry it's in the Lounge but I am unable to post in the Motoring section for some reason.

It's all gone a bit quiet in there lately anyway to be honest.

I don't see what the outrage against the court here is. Isn't sentencing just suspended because the defendant was ****ed? What's the problem? (Except for the defendants infuriating behaviour)

Sorry but would the Courts in your country give you only 6 months in prison with her record

of 8 counts of drunk driving and 15 counts of driving without a licence ?