Freeview Box

St Landrew

I've been asked to take a look at an old Freeview box that has stopped working after a software upgrade. It's a Labgear DTT100 which uses SetPal software. Now I'm aware that Freeview have made some network changes, and apparently, this has meant some boxes have stopped working. However, I'm wondering if anyone has found a method or button combination on the remote which can restore a software setting.

It's not that I am desperate to make this thing work. For £20 or so, one can get another. It's just that an action was made by the service provider which actually stopped a piece of equipment, that was previously functioning perfectly well, from working. And apparently, their only response, and the manufacturer of the box itself, is to suggest owners of this model, and others, go out and buy a replacement. If I was an owner, and had the spare cash, I'd take the service provider and manufacturer to court for compensation and anything else I could think of. It's tantamount to vandalism.

Edited by St Landrew

I guess it's the same principle of analogue [perfectly good signal], being 'upgraded' to digital.

It will render a lot of hardware unusable, but I doubt there will be any court cases about it.

While I agree with your sentiments that the manufacturer should continue to provide support for its products, I also agree that if we stood in the way of progression we would all still live in caves staring at paintings on the walls.....

Besides £15 buys a product that is probably better than the one it is replacing...

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-5279.aspx