inFamous

saint_stevo

Anyone purchased?

Looks quality, but at £40 i may wait a little while

I've played the demo and thought it seemed very good. I've got a few other games I really should finish first though before getting any more...

PS3 Exclusive. F*** off.

Jealous of the superior console i assume ??

On another note, downloaded the demo and looks good but think it will prob get boring after a few weeks (a la farcry that looked good at first) because i expect it will be the same thing over and over.

that is the stage i got to with my PS3, had either completed em all already or was bored with them.

I would describe it as a bit like GTA but with add-ons, £40 is probably a bit steep, but it won't budge in the near future....

bite the bullet!

There's no real reward for going down the Evil side of things, other than a couple of unique powers.

One mission highlighted this quite well "I can defuse the bomb and then these officers will help me, or I could just let it blow up". Who in their right mind would refuse the help?

Got it yesterday. Its a good game but i think because i played Crackdown for a fair bit of time i see a lot of similarities that stop me from loving it. But i love open sandbox style games so im sure it will grow on me over time.

Now I have played the demo a couple of times now but I have found the actually game play a little to repetive. As I you just have to keep blasting these guys until you clear the mission. Now I do love the go anywhere idea but is it as repetive in the full game?

Getting REALLY ****ed off with the stupid ****ing intro.

Played 10 mins up to the point where you recharge your mates batteries on the roof, saved the game. Turned on PS3 later, guess what, gotta sit through the whole intro animation again. Played another 10 mins up to locating the gun, had to go out so saved it. Turned on PS3 later, yup, gotta sit through the ****ING intro again, oh, and its reset me back to the roof top.

So played up to freeing the food from the tower, let the locals take it, saved. Just turned on ps3, yup, you guessed it, gotta sit through the STUPID ****ING INTRO again, even when LOADING a ****ing SAVE game, and im back to the roof top loading batteries. Wish some developers would realise we dont all have hours in a row to play games...

It's ok now, evidentally its just something with the first mission right up to completeing the collecting the food bit. Once you've collected the food then it starts properly from reboot. Still ****ing annoying tho.

• 4 weeks later...
Close to smashing my PS3 up, on the hunt for the raysphere, where you gotta get the elevators up for Zeke i cant make the jump from the Neon light to the girder. Even with the L1 glide thingy. Have tried 7billion times

That drove me nuts when I climbed up to the top, then realised Zeke wasn't actually stood on the elevator at the bottom. Had to go all the way back down so the animation would continue and he would actually get on, before making my way back up again.

Havent played the game so this may be a silly suggestion, but in many FPS's (and i know this isnt one) the best way to make a huge jump is to boost it by firing a weapon into the ground behind you as you jump, ahhh, the old RJ days of quakeworld

• 1 month later...

I got this the weekend it came out. Played through it twice, and was pretty addicted to it both times through.

It riffs on GTA ( although no driving ), Spiderman 2 and Tony Hawks. Platforming bits are pretty cool - but once I'd finished it - traded it in.

Well worth your time if you have a PS3 though.