E3 - 2009

St Marco

Well its that time of year again!

For those who don't know or don't care this is the major electronics show of the year. Anyone and everyone who has been keeping what they been up to a secret comes to this show to reveal everything!

So in terms of games this is the xmas day of the games world. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft will all have their own gigantic press conferences where they will unveil their games for the holidays of this year and beyond.

So what can we expect? We'll the law of E3 is to expect the un-expected. Last year for example Square Enix dropped da bomb that Final Fantasy was no longer a Sony exclusive franchise. So if a long established massive $$$ making franchise can move home then anything can happen!

The media at this time all get hyper excited and come up with some predictions. These predictions are all based on info they may have heard. Some will be true and some will not.

Here are what a few of them are saying

Gamespot - http://e3.gamespot.com/?om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks;title;1

IGN - http://uk.e3.ign.com/

G4TV - http://g4tv.com/e32009/splash.aspx

The conferences are spread out across the week however Microsoft's will be on 1st of June at 5.30pm. Nintendo's will be on Tuesday at 5pm and Sony's will also be on Tuesday at 7pm. Of course there are millions of other conferences with the bigger ones normally being from EA,Capcome,Square Enix,Take Two etc.

With only few day's to go we already know a few things. Konami have been teasing about a new game which some are predicting to be Metal gear Solid 5.

The teaser is here http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html

Also other news is supposedly Microsoft and Sky have teamed up to bring Sky TV channels to the Xbox 360. Another step closer for Microsoft's vision of making the console an entertainment system rather then just a games console.

So lots to look forward to. Many good games to be unveiled. Me personally i just hope they show some footage of Alan Wake seeing as it was E3 2006 we last heard about it!

Will try and keep this updated for us computer nerds :)

They need to sort out the mechanical noise levels of the 360 before anyone could consider using it for anything other than games.

My 1st one sounded a bit like it was about to take off. Then it died....

My 2nd one sounded like it had something stuck in it that made the disc make a noise. Then it died..... The 3rd one however sounds pretty silent!

Think they changed the fans and stuff in the newer ones. So hopefully this one lasts longer then a year before it dies.

my hopes for E3.

FIFA2010 gameplay footage and more info on create a club

Metal Gear Solid 4 on the 360 (head says no, but i can still hope)

Kojima countdown page is for Metal Gear *insert name here* 5 for the PS3 (lots of rumours that its a PSP game after a video about the new PSPGo was leaked mentioning a new metal gear solid game, cant be all that hype for a PSP game, right?)

New Zelda title for the Wii please Nintendo? I've been quite disappointed with the quality of the games coming out for Wii now, the only ones you see in the shops now are the cack family games ones, summer beach games...what a load of sh*t.

I want to be Link! :(

Would like set date for ff 13 + more remakes of old ff's (ff 4 on ds is a wee gem) + maybe some confirmation of Gears of War 3. Sony supposedly has a 'megaton announcement', rumour is that it is the ff 7 ps3 remake but im pretty certain thats bull. Some good new RPGs would certainly tick boxes especially if they are on the Wii, because mine is collecting dust in a corner of my room nowadays.

Well today is the day

Few pics so you see the kinda scale of the event. Someone said there will be around 500000 people there, that is like 5 times wembley stadium for the fa cup final...

img0045p.jpg

img0042r.jpg

If you want to watch the shows they will be on gamespot ot G4TV. It might be on one of the various games channels on Sky too.

I just checked A-Z listing on Sky, doesn't seem to be anything under 'E3'. So I'll probably just watch it on IGN or G4. Anyone know what time the Microsoft Conference starts? I know it starts 10.30 in the states, by my math it should be 6.30pm over here? I'm not that good with timezones unfortunately.

The Microsoft conference should start at 6.20pm Bentley. Can watch live coverage at various places, i will watch at gamespot as they tend to be more reliable for these kinda things.

But the 1st announcement has been made and it is Crysis 2. Loved the 1st one so look forward to that.

They need to sort out the mechanical noise levels of the 360 before anyone could consider using it for anything other than games.

That's mainly the disc drive. I've found putting games onto the Hard Drive makes it a lot quieter.

As for Sky on 360 feature.... to be able to watch things simulateously with mates while they're in different part of the country seems a blinding idea to me.

Will try and keep it updated best i can but if others could add stuff that would be cool.

So 1st few hours we already have

- Crysis 2 announced for PC,PS3 and 360

- Lego Harry Potter for all formats

- Lego Guitar Hero

- Fury Expansion Pack for Wipeout HD (love wipeout)

- 2 New Monkey island Projects (hell yes) with one being titled "Tales of Monkey Island".

And now the Microsoft event will start in 15mins

Not here to show you bar graphs or atach ratios, here to show

10 new games

tony hawk ride with skateboard controller exclusive to 360

Modern Warfare 2 new trailer - game release 11th oct 2009!

Showed gameplay, fecking looks awesome.

Map packs released 1st on xbox live

Square Enix take the stage - show ffxIII on 360 and in english

new battle bars added with 4 power gages

Show Odin being summoned

spring 2010 release

rest of show everything is exclusive to 360

Epic take stage with Cliffy B

New game announced - Shadow Complex - scrolling game in the style of old MGS series and Bionic Commando

Over 10hours of gameplay

New game - Joyride free game to play and free to purchase - out in winter

Crackdown 2 announced oh yes!!!

LEft4Dead 2 hell yes!! - nov 17th

Splinter cell conviction - simply amazing, if you not watching it you need to check this out. The pysicalness of it is brutal. Out in fall 2009.

Forza 3 out in fall - holy **** that car like fell apart when it crashed!

Halo ODST

Halo Reach announced - Buy Halo ODST and get into the Reach Beta.

Woot Alan Wake gameplay - release spring 2010

Music coming to live with Last FM

Streaming technology now here, no need to download, just press play and watch

Premier league football and sky live on 360

All films now instantly, no disc, no downloads no delays and all in 1080p, all countries now get "Instant On".

Facebook and Microsoft now teamed up together to bring it to 360. Can see who plays xbox and play games together with "Friend Linker".

Facebook Connect - Shows you and your friends gaming momments both the good and bad.

Twitter goes to 360

Metal Gear Solid Hideo Kojima takes stage. Metal Gear Solid goes to 360. Announces MGS Uprising. That is the megaton of all megatons....

Game based on Raiden

Microsoft You Are The controller - no more controllers!! Full Body Motion Sensor!

Facial Recognition - Video Conferencing live with friends - wow!

Voice Recognition talk to your xbox..

Project Natal

Control free gaming, every 360 already sold will work with it

Don't need a new console, we can upgrade the current ones, Microsoft are the ones who pionnerd this and will continue to.

Steven Speilberg walks on.... "Man created the wheel, Microsoft created not needing a wheel".

Peter Molyneux takes stage. Natal will connect you not your controller to our world.

Shows Mylo's World. Historic landmark for technology as you talk to your computer and it talks back to you. You can show it a picture by holding it up and it will help you with it. I can't help but think of Terminator with this, the bit about what happen's when AI starts thinking for itself...

And thats the end of the conference.

I have seen every E3 and been to three of them and this is by far the most amazing conference i have seen.

Edited by St Marco

Microsoft have been impressive at E3 for about 3 years now. I can't wait for the MGS Raiden game, I'm assuming that PS3 will get a Big Boss game to pair with that.

Nice to see Alan Wake is still alive. Not interested in the Halo stuff, but I'm glad I got my 360 fixed for some of these games to drop.

Be interesting to see what Sony do tomorrow, most of their stuff has been leaked already, but apparently they will still "shock" us. Maybe they'll show that secret BBC game finally?

Can't wait for Uncharted 2. Should be a good improvement on the orgional.

Of all the games shown over the week i think my three favs were Splintercell,Alan Wake (which should be like the old Resident Evil games) and Uncharted 2.