Did you see this ?

Britain has gone from being one of the most unwatched, to the most watched country in Europe, possibly the World. It's absolutely bloody ridiculous. This comes of the attitude... if you've got nothing to hide, there's no need to worry... and the Govt take that as a sign that everything is fair game. Well I've got nothing to hide, but I'd like to decide when I show myself to the authorities. I'm sure it won't be too long before a British Govt requires that every citizen wear a head camera, so that everything they do is recorded.

Can't honnestly say I'm that bothered about it. I know the old "If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about" is a cliche, but I think it pretty much sums up my feelings on this one.

The Police monitoring what I do in my personal life would be an issue, but I don't give a sh*t about them knowing I drove down the A34 once in November. Thousands of motorist probably saw me, I'm really not that fussed about 1 more watching on a CCTV screne hundreds of miles away.

Can't honnestly say I'm that bothered about it. I know the old "If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about" is a cliche, but I think it pretty much sums up my feelings on this one.

The Police monitoring what I do in my personal life would be an issue, but I don't give a sh*t about them knowing I drove down the A34 once in November. Thousands of motorist probably saw me, I'm really not that fussed about 1 more watching on a CCTV screne hundreds of miles away.

I used to be of that opinion Arizona, but the sheer number of cameras springing up is astonishing.

Edited by St Landrew

I no longer have any respect for the police, they are a bunch of pr!cks. i have nothing on my licence, nothing on my record but every encounter with them leads me to believe they are micky mouse these days.

I agree with StL and Smirking. The government watch and record far more than is necessary and the police have zero respect for any members of the public, even those who 'have done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide'. They're also getting sneakier with their mobile speed cams, hiding them, without proper warning signs and illegally parked - relying on the public not protesting against any issued tickets. I'm all for not speeding but why should they be allowed to break their own laws to catch people?

I agree with StL and Smirking. The government watch and record far more than is necessary and the police have zero respect for any members of the public, even those who 'have done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide'. They're also getting sneakier with their mobile speed cams, hiding them, without proper warning signs and illegally parked - relying on the public not protesting against any issued tickets. I'm all for not speeding but why should they be allowed to break their own laws to catch people?

Agreed Ponty. I've been stopped at pub closing time for going around the corner - which is very sharp - slowly. Now fair enough, I didn't mind being stopped or breathlysed due to the time of night as I could have been a drink-driver but when the test was 100% clean, the young copper just couldn't leave it alone and have to pick an argument with a compliant member of the public. Fortunately my wife was with me both times and is ex-Police so reminded him that his aggressive behaviour was inappropriate which he didn't like but we reported him to his Area Commander. Turned out he'd been on a difficult job beforehand but I've been an enforcement officer and you just have to deal with that in a professional way.

Hants Police were always reasonable in the past but I do find their officers a lot more clumsy in the last 4-5 years. Whereas when I've had work-related dealings with Sussex and Devon forces, I've found them excellent. Devon Police even helped me out big time when my car broke down on the bend of a fast, dangerous road and we wrote to the Chief Super to say thanks.