Terminator Salvation

Baj

Slightly disappointed if I'm honest, maybe I was expecting too much?

I had a plot I had heard, but that wasnt in the movie, now I'm wondering where the hell the plot concept is from. Basically, it involves the resistence discovering the location of the machines time machine that is about to be used for the first time, and them tracking it down and destroying it... was that in a terminator game or something instead.

Anyway, still go and see it in the cinema, great effects, just lacked something special...

...oh, and bumped into Dark Sotonic Mills in the cinema too, how cosy.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Does your wife know the lady you went with?

I thought Christian Bale did a f*cking immense job. Agree the plot was a bit lame though. Those motorbike things were a bit pointless. Ridiculous when he reprogrammed one with its handy USB port on the side! If the machines had used mini-USB instead the resistance would have been f*cked. The bit with Swazennneggggaerrrrr in was absolutely terrible. Why do that? FFS.

I thought Christian Bale did a f*cking immense job. Agree the plot was a bit lame though. Those motorbike things were a bit pointless. Ridiculous when he reprogrammed one with its handy USB port on the side! If the machines had used mini-USB instead the resistance would have been f*cked. The bit with Swazennneggggaerrrrr in was absolutely terrible. Why do that? FFS.

The arnie bit was important. The concept of the plot was that history was diverting away from the history that John thought he knew. However, the bit with arnie (The first t-800... i think theyre called) reinforces, or at least plants doubt in the mind that events are going away from the predicted future...

...or something like that...

The arnie bit was important. The concept of the plot was that history was diverting away from the history that John thought he knew. However, the bit with arnie (The first t-800... i think theyre called) reinforces, or at least plants doubt in the mind that events are going away from the predicted future...

...or something like that...

So it stuck with the theme from the last two that no matter how hard you try you cannot change your "destiny"?

Slightly disappointed if I'm honest, maybe I was expecting too much?

I had a plot I had heard, but that wasnt in the movie, now I'm wondering where the hell the plot concept is from. Basically, it involves the resistence discovering the location of the machines time machine that is about to be used for the first time, and them tracking it down and destroying it... was that in a terminator game or something instead.

Anyway, still go and see it in the cinema, great effects, just lacked something special...

That plot was from Terminator: FutureShock, one of my favourite games of all time. Great game. First time I was ever truly immersed in a FPS.

Personally, I really liked Salvation. I'm a bit of a Terminator geek and think it may be a film aimed more at people who have seen the first two films hundreds of times as the number of very subtle references was actually quite astounding. I think McG possibly went a little bit too far in trying to keep the fan boys happy rather than letting rip and creating a film that could stand alone and be great without the need to have seen the first three.

I do hope the muted critical response to the film (I've no idea how it is doing at the box office) doesn't stop a fifth film, though.

Edited by Danny

Saw it today and thought it was ****. I'm sick of seeing films that have no real story and simply rely on special effects to keep you watching. When are these film makers going to start making action movies that have a decent plot to follow?

The story didn't seem to follow on from T3. That said, T3 was pretty awful so perhaps they decided the less said about that, the better. The Arnie bit was badly executed, and the ending was more cheesy than a bag of wotsits.

Just watching T2 on ITV2 to remind myself how a Terminator film should be.

This new series of Terminator films is just an easy buck for the silm studios. We all know the background, as that is explained throughout T1-T3. All they are doing is filling it the bits that we didn't see in the first couple of films. It's just telling the story from a different angle. I'm sure there will be a 5th, and possibly 6th film as it will always pull an audience. Sometimes you can take things too far. I can't help but feel that this is one of those occasions.

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

Thought it was a good attempt. Good effects and good action scenes. Pretty much as i expected from a terminator movie. The plot i have to agree was a bit sh!t TBH but it kept me entertained.

I did however see it yesterday after watching Star Trek so it may have spoilt it for me i think.