F1 Turkey Grand Prix

Um Bongo

Quite simply the Ferrari's and Mclarens have a **** car this year, it's just not up to scratch, and Brawn have done an amazing job getting a quick car together. Im sure ponty could give a more technical reason why the top cars are slower this year

ultimately, theu should leave the rules alone. even now, one team/driver is running away with it.

Not sure TDD, I'm pretty glad that they've gone back to slick tyres. I enjoyed F1 more back in the early '90's when we had larger grids and more teams near the front and I think thats what they are trying to do with the money cap next season. We will see, the only reason alot of people are moaning is because Ferrari are doing gash, I quite enjoy them lot failing mind.

At the risk of sounding partisan, was the move of the race Nelson on Hamilton?

Other than that, sh*t race for us, totally sh*t. The car should've worked quite well in Istanbul but for one reason or another it just didn't.

Excellent win by Brawn. I think we can finally lay to rest any remaining opinion which suggests that Jenson Button and crap driver appear in the same sentence. Given that they are all pretty damn good, he with the fastest car...

Apaprently Jenson is now Shumacheresque. High praise indeed, and probably deservedly so too.

Excellent win by Brawn. I think we can finally lay to rest any remaining opinion which suggests that Jenson Button and crap driver appear in the same sentence.

I think it was only morons and jealous people that ever did use them in the same sentence to be honest St Landrew. I always knew he had the potential to win a title with a good enough car due to his smooth driving style and the fact that he hardly ever, even in his earlier days, ever makes a mistake. He hasn't made a single one so far this season.

Apaprently Jenson is now Schumacheresque. High praise indeed, and probably deservedly so too.

No longer used as a compliment sadly.

Used as an indicator of perceived 'boredom' with his domination of the sport, that coupled with the seeming superiority of the care will for some taint the championship Jenson will now innevitably win.

Odd, because back in 2004 no such claim was made. From what I remember Rubens performed better in that car too.....

No longer used as a compliment sadly.

Used as an indicator of perceived 'boredom' with his domination of the sport, that coupled with the seeming superiority of the care will for some taint the championship Jenson will now innevitably win.

Odd, because back in 2004 no such claim was made. From what I remember Rubens performed better in that car too.....

The BBC team picked it up from Ross Brawn recently. And as he would surely know what being Schumacheresque would mean, [whether it means predictable and boring or not] I think they took it as high praise. As did I.

Difference being schumy was able to do it in a Benetton that was far less than the best car in the field

I am pretty sure schumi wouldn't have won in '94 or '95 if it weren't for Senna's death.

In '94 the shock was probably just too much for Damon to win the title. It took him half the season to adapt to the role of team leader, by which time he had Schumacher's measure. Schumacher only won that title by one point, and even then only did it by cheating.

The '95 Williams was quick, but very unreliable and the media pressure got to Hill. The Benneton may not have been the fastest car, but it was pretty decent. Second fastest to the Williams and more reliable. If a very average Johnny Herbert managed to win two races, it can't have been a bad car.

Overall I'd rate Jenson as good a driver as Schumacher. I know that sounds silly with MS being a 7 time world Champion and Button just being a 7 time race winner, but I think Schumacher just had a better car for longer. At various times suring Schumacher's career he was easily matched in tallent by Senna, Hill, Hakkinen, Coulthard, Montoya, Raikkonen or Alonso. Schumacher just always seemed to have the best combination of Ferrari, Bridgestone and a passive team-mate in Rubinho, whilst the McLaren's, Williams and Michellins always seemed to have one problem or another.

Funny quip from the Renault Team Radio today [not exact words]:

Renault engineer: If you can't get by Kubica, can you come out of his slipstream, as we need to keep the engine temperature down..?

Alonso: No I cannot do that..!

Jonathan Ledgard quickly added: So there..!