Flintoff

Harmison

Patel

Prior (wk)

Shah

Swann

Sidebottom

Wright

I really can't understand the inclusion of Cook or Sidebottom. Neither of them are effective ODI or Twenty20 players, IMO. Considering Dimi (and probably a few other players I can't think of off the top of my head) has international experience and a proven reputation in those two forms of the game, it's bizarre that those two have been selected.

Central contracts produced only one real surprise, and that is that Michael Vaughan HAS been awarded a central contract for the next 12 months. Stuart Broad is added to last year's list.

The ECB has also implemented a 12-month "increment" contract for seven of the fringe players, and if they match certain criteria in their occasional appearances they'll also be upgraded to full central contracts. Those seven are Matt Prior, Tim Ambrose, Ravi Bopara, Samit Patel, Owais Shah, Graeme Swann and Luke Wright.

Dimi hasnt really done well for Hants this season though. IMO he doesnt warrant a place. Cook is a very good player and can be adaptable as he has the talent.

For me Swann is the strangest.

swann is a quality 20/20 player. Would have liked to have seen 1 surprise inclusion from county cricket like napier or joe denly. same old same old. I dont agree with awarding michael vaughan a central contract though, he will never play for england again IMO.