Racing Wheel setups

Baj

Ive just bought a VERY good racing wheel set up (Logitech G25) and will eventually build a racing pod in the garage to sit in and play, but in the meantime (realistically thatll be next year) I need a solution that means i can play in my lounge for 12 months. I dont want to fork out £300 for one of these racing seats, so im open to suggestions as to what other people do.

Remember, this is a sim level wheel, the feedback on it is immense, so whilst cheapy wheels might cope stuck to a crappy portable dinner table, im not sure this will.

ideas?

At the moment my only experience with rFactor is on the sim at Race Centre in chandlers ford, driving the Formula BMW's, GP2's and F1's. So i've literally touched like 1% of what the game has to offer, would be really grateful to hear of other things the game can do that you recommend.

This could take a while........!I'm not sure how much you know about rfactor but basically it's a community developement game - download the binary from the internet, and then develop your own cars/series/circuits/setups/engine maps/telemetry (the list is endless) or just download what others have produced! rFactor can do everything any other racing sim can do and then about 10 times more. IMO it is the most advanced and respresentative racing simulator out there - hence why most F1 teams use it in their simulators. Don't bother with the F1 sim -it's not that great to be honest, just download the megane series (v2.02), download some circuits - join up to an online game and prepare to be amazed... http://www.rfactorcentral.com is the place to visit, also give me a shout on tommit@gmail.com and i'll send you over some stuff in more detail. I usually play on line with a few mates, we have an audio server which we connect up to and chat whilst racing - sounds a bit geekish but it adds to the fun. The only problem is that to be any good at it yo uhave to put the hours in (genuinely)

Sounds fantastic mate, ill drop you an email.

Yeah, i was "aware" for what rfactor can do, but obviously I've no experience with it other than on the sim racers. I really enjoy the F1 sims, but enjoy racing more than enjoy speed, I actually prefer racing the Formula BMW's.

Will pop you an email now :)