Lamb and Latouf released

stevegrant

No surprise, Lamb has struggled with the ball and not the made the impact hoped for with the bat. Latouf has been at Hants for a while now and despite Hants (as usual) having a good season with the ball and an awful one with the bat, he still hasn't had a regular run.

Thought Lamby might go. When I spoke to him Saturday morning he said he was waiting to hear and was no longer being picked! He is England qualified now so not a colpack. He should find another Championship club. Nice chap but his chances were limited with the emergence of Dawson.

As for Latouf, again no suprise. He was going on loan to Warwickshire earlier in the season but he told me there was a slight problem with registration and he was waiting to hear. It may be that Warwickshire will take him on now.

Edit, seems Latouf did get back to Warwickshire but not taken on after a trial.

Edited by Weston Saint

I spoke to Imran Tahir on Saturday. He does not know yet whether he will get a new contract but said he was in talks.

Problem with Imran, who is a quiet friendly man, is that he is our one oversea's player and it may be Hants will want to strenthen somewhere else. Hope not though. We have the talent in batting (not many top batsmen have succeeded regularly this year in the Championshiop because of the weather). Pace bowling is ok with Thomlinson and Tremlett as main strike with Balcome and Griffiths as back up.

Dawson is a decent spinner but is beginning to look like an allrounder (batter who can bowl a bit). We have Dimi and Slug as change bowlers as well.

We need a top class spinner and Tahir fits the bill

Totally agree, although I can't help but think that Bransgrove would prefer a bigger name, perhaps Daniel Vettori who was linked earlier this season...

Too heavily involved as captain as NZ for me. Tahir might be available all season although if he continues to bowl well Pakistan may want to pick him again