New iPod nano and touch

Scummer

Likewise.

I still have one of these and absolutely love it.

I somehow managed to put a slight crack in the screen when I rolled my chair over it the other day though. Bloody cheap apple hardware. A microsoft Zune would have been OK ;)

ipod_pcmag.jpg

In all fairness, no one will ever make a better MP3 player than an ipod IMO.

Has anyone installed that different firmware on their ipod which changes everything? Rockbox I think it's called. Would be interested to hear what people think of it?

Brilliant news. My 2nd Gen 8gb is still going strong but the case is starting to show signs of age. I hated the 3rd Gen's design so a 16gb 4th Gen looks to be the ideal replacement.

That 3rd Gen wasn't current for particularly long though, was it?

Brilliant news. My 2nd Gen 8gb is still going strong but the case is starting to show signs of age. I hated the 3rd Gen's design so a 16gb 4th Gen looks to be the ideal replacement.

I'm waiting for 7th generation ipods, which should be about a week friday.

Each generation has lasted a year. They seem to launch a new generation every September.

I've got a Black 1st Generation 2gb. Still works but the battery is knackered, so I don't tend to use it much these days except in a dock.

A 16gb one is very appealing. I've got the Nike+ running attachment, and shorts etc with specially designed pockets for the iPod. Obviously the 3rd gen was never going to fit, so I'm hopeful that the new one might.

Also saw that they've added a Nike+ receiver to the Touch, I wonder if it might be a bit big for running though.