Toyota

BMW Sauber

FIA:

Williams

Manor Grand Prix

Campos Grand Prix

Team US F1

I know which one ill be watching

Don't forget all of the other entrants that tried to get into F1, they will all be invited back to the table i'm sure.

I will be watching both series, but will feel sad doing so. If only a compromise could have been found.

So where will FOTA race? On the same circuits? Monaco used for 2 weekends?

I would hope that FOTA would have the good sense to realise that Monaco is just a pointless procession that is only still on the calendar to pander to the large amount of mega-rich sponsors who live there.

Would be good to see some old tracks from the past revived though, like Suzuka, Imola and Estoril for example.

I would hope that FOTA would have the good sense to realise that Monaco is just a pointless procession that is only still on the calendar to pander to the large amount of mega-rich sponsors who live there.

Would be good to see some old tracks from the past revived though, like Suzuka, Imola and Estoril for example.

Would F1 have some sort of exclusivity agreements with tracks though, thereby restricting 'rival' competitions form running races there.

Well said Bexy. I think it's an opportunity to refresh the series. Mind you, I think Bernie will charm them and smarm them back to the table, or threaten some sort of legal action, whatever he thinks will be most effective.

People have been asked who has been at fault, regarding the lack of agreement. I'm not sure I care. However, if the end result means Ecclestone has less/no grip on where the cars race, then I'm all for it. Under his guidance there is:

No French Grand Prix

No Canadian Grand Prix

from 2010, possibly no British Grand Prix

Personally, I like to see Monaco go, as it has more potential to be boring than a mole.

Personally, I like to see Monaco go, as it has more potential to be boring than a mole.

Indeed. The only bits of Monaco I watch are qualifying, the start of the race, and the last few laps. As for the rest of it - you may as well go and watch the sink block up.

Would F1 have some sort of exclusivity agreements with tracks though, thereby restricting 'rival' competitions form running races there.

Bernie used to have but the EU forced him to repeal that under competition law. I'm not sure how that stands in non EU countries, but frankly, who cares? Canada, USA, Adelaide and others are all available.

Would be great if FOTA brought back tracks from the past like Montreal, Buenos Aires Magny Cours and er... Silverstone. MUST keep Spa and they would need Suzuka on the calendar every year too. And get rid of Hungary FFS!

Would be great if FOTA brought back tracks from the past like Montreal, Buenos Aires Magny Cours and er... Silverstone. MUST keep Spa and they would need Suzuka on the calendar every year too. And get rid of Hungary FFS!

and Turkey, where you could count the spectators on one hand

You stuck in a time warp? They reached agreement yesterday and called off the split.

and Turkey, where you could count the spectators on one hand

Don't care if there's one man and his dog (woof!) in the stands, Turkey is a decent track IMO.

You stuck in a time warp? They reached agreement yesterday and called off the split.

Sort of. Only got back from Marseille at 10pm last night, replied to this thread after watching the grand prix on the plus box and Flavio was still on about the breakaway. Before I read the news about the agreement.

I was expecting the takeover to be all done and dusted too. Guess I should have known better.

Don't care if there's one man and his dog (woof!) in the stands, Turkey is a decent track IMO.

Sort of. Only got back from Marseille at 10pm last night, replied to this thread after watching the grand prix on the plus box and Flavio was still on about the breakaway. Before I read the news about the agreement.

I was expecting the takeover to be all done and dusted too. Guess I should have known better.

would rather see one of Montreal, Buenos Aires or Magny Cours than Turkey to be honest.

Magny Cours is an awful track.

Everyone always says that, but I just don't get why. MC has a decent mix of long fast curves, like 1 and 2, and short tight curves. The hairpin at the end of the straight (turn 3 I think) used to be the best overtaking spot on the calendar too (Along with Turn 1 at Sao Paulo and Malmedy and the bus stop at Spa). I remember DC giving Schumi the middle finger there in 2000 as he tried to get past. After a cracking battle he got through, followed by Mika and Schumi's engine blew up. There was also Frenzens win in the rain in '99 for Jordan.

I know most races are hardly riviting, but they are usually better than the borefests at Hungary, Barcelona and Monte Carlo.

Mike, I'd tend to agree, although I'd probably take Turkey third over Magny Cours from that lot. If any of the new circuits need to go then it's Valencia or Marina Bay for me.

http://nz.yahoo.com/

Blue sky here where I live but not that warm, I hate the -3C overnight temp.

Sorry to have been so late in replying to this comment, I did mean to write something at the time, but today someone commented to me about the temperatures in NZ at this time of the year, and I got an amazing deja vu feeling of how the air feels in me old adopted home. I never quite got to grips with it. How the sun can be beaming down at you, and yet you are utterly, biting cold. And the feeling in the summer could be rather odd too, at times. I believe it was mostly due to the lack of humidity compared to the old homeland. No other large landmasses nearby doesn't help either.

BTW, please remember that I lived in Gore in the South Island for most of the time I was there, so the weather was a little different to you, Seatbelt - sorry, Saint-in-Mourning. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8141428.stm

This is just so much ******. Honestly, I feel quite sorry for you Ponty, and for the teams who are making a success of this season. This ongoing row looks as if it is going to overshadow every good thing that has happened this season on the track, i.e. that it has been a refreshing change from the usual dreary suspects.