Silverstone - The British Grand Prix

St Landrew

I noticed Ecclestone has at last said the words everybody thought he ought to have said ages ago, which were:

If Donnington isn't ready, then Silverstone will hold next year's British GP.

There. It wasn't so difficult after all, was it Bernie..?

Al de Man is there on VIP. Barsteward. :-(

Lewis and Heikki may as well just stop racing this season. I've seen some awful cars in my time but I don't think anything can ever beat the awfulness of this one - what the bloody hell happened at Macca to think this pile of pap was ever worth it!?

Al de Man is there on VIP. Barsteward. :-(

Lewis and Heikki may as well just stop racing this season. I've seen some awful cars in my time but I don't think anything can ever beat the awfulness of this one - what the bloody hell happened at Macca to think this pile of pap was ever worth it!?

This sort of thing happens more commonly than one might imagine when there are serious changes to the design rulings. McLaren were so intent on continuing to make sure last year's car was ultra competitve right to the end that they devoted very little time to the design of this year's car. Also, note that both Ferrari and BMW have somewhat of a dog of a design themselves. Whereas, BrawnGP [Honda] spent almost the entire time since the design changes were announced developing the car. However, there is no doubt that its icing on the cake is the Mercedes engine - the same one that is in the McLaren.

Let me guess, who won..? Vettel..? Can't be bothered to check, but I assume so.

OK, have checked now. Vettel, Webber and Barrichello. This was the weak part of Silverstone's case for holding the British Grand Prix. So much high speed that no body has anything significantly extra to pass. Hence boring, and it reminded me of why I stopped watching when Schumacher was dominant. No British interest and boring racing. Don't expect better from Donnington Park either, as it has a narrow track, which means no overtaking for F1 cars. Great eh..?

Don't you just love F1..? Roll on next week for the Dutch TT/MotoGP at Assen.

the new rules are great eh...?

the competition is full of drama this year lol

I hope teams break away from F1, i really do...so many meddling rules constantly etc

On high-speed tracks like Silverstone, the cars are starting to get too slippery again. F1 will only get really exciting when the cars become relative aerodynamic bricks and are unable to get away at the front. If anything, the new rules didn't go far enough.

Lousy race from my perspective, although the scraps between Lewis, Nelson and Fernando were entertaining.

Lewis did some nice donuts in front of us, at Club corner, dunno if the TV picked up that. Nice to see how much his arrogance has peeled away this year. It's done him the world of good and made him more appealing to non fans.

Lousy race from my perspective, although the scraps between Lewis, Nelson and Fernando were entertaining.

Lewis did some nice donuts in front of us, at Club corner, dunno if the TV picked up that. Nice to see how much his arrogance has peeled away this year. It's done him the world of good and made him more appealing to non fans.

Tbh, that was the only thing keeping me awake, mate.

Well I'll start the thread if only to inform people that you can watch the whole BBC British Grand Prix programme from 1987 - the year Mansell changed his tyres and caught teammate Piquet, then did his classic pass. Good stuff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8102079.stm

Apologies if this was already posted elsewhere.

Is there anyway someone can view that that'snot in the UK? Could you post the link or details if it's possible?

ta

We were on the banking just to the right of the outside of Club (from your perspective) by then. I have a couple of nice shots of Bourdais losing his front wing at the entry to Club but as I took 1800 pics I'm still ploughing my way through them. Mind you, about 1000 are of Alonso crawling all over Heidfeld through the Vale-Club complex. Bloody mobile German roadblock.

We were on the banking just to the right of the outside of Club (from your perspective) by then. I have a couple of nice shots of Bourdais losing his front wing at the entry to Club but as I took 1800 pics I'm still ploughing my way through them. Mind you, about 1000 are of Alonso crawling all over Heidfeld through the Vale-Club complex. Bloody mobile German roadblock.

Here then? You may have a bit of trouble picking yourself out.

Still no. I don't know if that's too far round or not far enough though. I'd guess the latter. I did lol when I zoomed in on the Renault shirt and that baldy bloke is sound asleep. There were 4 of us, all in Renault fleeces, one Mild Seven and three ING ones, sat together at the top of the banking.

Still no. I don't know if that's too far round or not far enough though. I'd guess the latter. I did lol when I zoomed in on the Renault shirt and that baldy bloke is sound asleep. There were 4 of us, all in Renault fleeces, one Mild Seven and three ING ones, sat together at the top of the banking.

You were probably on the next bank around then after the three ambulances because that's the whole of that one.