N.Ireland/S.Ireland Saints

• 3 weeks later...

Im still about and mad to think there was another saints supporter just down the road from me in kikeel.

Great news on the Saints being saved and im more in for a supporters club for us Irish Saints over here then ever.

A few ideas i would like to put to the club would be a pre -season in Ireland for the start of next season and a trip to dundlk F.C for a cup to be played for called the Tommy Traynor Cup.

This trip will bring all the Irish Saints together and put all our heads together to start a network for all of us living here and share our interest in th Saints.

In due time i will be making a Irish Saints website but please with the help of the Saints Web Forum could we get back all the Irish Saints that were here to keep in contact and refresh our call for a supporters network for the North and South of Ireland.

UP THE SAINTS . Kevin Gallagher

Im still about and mad to think there was another saints supporter just down the road from me in kikeel.

Great news on the Saints being saved and im more in for a supporters club for us Irish Saints over here then ever.

A few ideas i would like to put to the club would be a pre -season in Ireland for the start of next season and a trip to dundlk F.C for a cup to be played for called the Tommy Traynor Cup.

This trip will bring all the Irish Saints together and put all our heads together to start a network for all of us living here and share our interest in th Saints.

In due time i will be making a Irish Saints website but please with the help of the Saints Web Forum could we get back all the Irish Saints that were here to keep in contact and refresh our call for a supporters network for the North and South of Ireland.

UP THE SAINTS . Kevin Gallagher

Up for it big time, have always wished that the Saints would do a pre season in Ireland , but just dont think the support will be there

Up for it big time, have always wished that the Saints would do a pre season in Ireland , but just dont think the support will be there

I'm here too. Living in Kildare. I remember saints playing a pre-season game against St.Pats, must be around 15 years ago. Lost 2-1 I seem to recall. Don't think they've been over since.

• 3 weeks later...

You probably need to book a while in advance. For example on 21 Nov against Norwich it works out at £56 ster return yet the previous week for the Brighton game it is £69. The earlier you book the cheaper it seems to be.

• 3 months later...
I'm here too. Living in Kildare. I remember saints playing a pre-season game against St.Pats, must be around 15 years ago. Lost 2-1 I seem to recall. Don't think they've been over since.

Howya! Great to see a nice splatter of Saints supporters throughout Eire, especially one in Kildare! And here was I thinking I was alone!

I remember that Pats game well- twas my first time to see Saints live. Met the whole team (Widdrington, Dodd, Benali, Le Tiss) and they were friendly as ****. I knew there was only 1 team for me then. And I've never looked back!

Born and bred in Southampton but an irish woman got the better of me...!! Didn't realise how difficult it would be not being able to just pop down to St Mary's. Think i'll be returning back across the water one day.

• 1 month later...

Do we have any sort of a Supporters Club in Ireland yet... North/South?

There used to be the irishsaints.moonfruit site but that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Anyone going over to the Ipswich FA Cup R4 game? - Also, an Irish Season Ticket Holders or regular match travellers?

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the ipswich game, the whole Northam was chanting "We want pompey" as soon as the FT results was announced...

Dream fixture eh... any one over to the Stockport game this Saturday? Im flying from Belfast. (£76) Also, anyone going to the MK Dons game on Tue 9th Feb - im flying from Dublin - Bristol)? (€45 + £18 train ticket)

Re- the pompey game, as soon as details announced etc (this will be a sell out) I should be able to get an extra ticket if anyone has trouble getting them. Let me know through here.

Just booked Belfast to Bristol with Ryanair going out on Friday 12th at 10.45am and returning on Saturday 13th from Bristol at 20.05.£60 all in for me and the wee lad.Get train from Bristol return for £25 return for the 2 of us and the times are really good.Booked the Ibis Hotel in Southampton city centre for £60 on the Friday night.So all in all a cheap enough trip for 2 people if any one fancies it.

Also booked with Ryanair Belfast to Bristol but having to go out on the Friday at 18.30 & returning on the Saturday evening at 20.05, £35 return. Fingers crossed regarding a ticket now!

Im flying back to Belfast on the 20:05 Saturday but with work etc, going to have to fly late from Dublin Friday night. I have Season Ticket and as cup games have gone so far, presumably I can purchase two tickets- if thats the case, I will purchase a second for you if you want? Obviously will have to wait and see what ticket details are when its announced (shortly hopefully).

Im flying back to Belfast on the 20:05 Saturday but with work etc, going to have to fly late from Dublin Friday night. I have Season Ticket and as cup games have gone so far, presumably I can purchase two tickets- if thats the case, I will purchase a second for you if you want? Obviously will have to wait and see what ticket details are when its announced (shortly hopefully).

The ticket details have been announced and i cant make head nor tail of it lol.I am a member so will i be able to purchase tickets online?If not do you know what way i will be able to get them?

Thanks for the offer mate but it looks like I'm going to be sorted out ok now. Are you flying into Bristol on the Friday night? I'm probably going to book into somewhere in Bristol on the Friday night then get an early train to Southampton on Saturday morning.

Thanks for the offer mate but it looks like I'm going to be sorted out ok now. Are you flying into Bristol on the Friday night? I'm probably going to book into somewhere in Bristol on the Friday night then get an early train to Southampton on Saturday morning.

No, im going to fly flybe dublin-southampton friday night. it worked out reasonable so just going to book in somewhere in southampton ibis/novotel (whichever works out cheaper!!). you should try and make southampton friday night, get a few drinks in etc. i've been going over regularly these last 5 years and only once met fellow saints fans from here so would be good to meet more!!

anyway, if you go to http://www.irishsaints.ie/ContactUs.html when pompey tickets go on sale, send a message through it with your num if you need one - and ill get in touch. plus if you send me on your details just mention "Belfast Art" and ill get in touch, maybe go for a drink before the game if we have time if your not about friday.

Right.... got this set up for now.

http://www.irishsaints.ie

Will advise once the page is fully live.... better than nothing anyway

Give me a shout mate if you need any help.Its about time us saints over here got our arse in gear and start a supporters club etc. FFS its near as cheap going to saints every other week than it is watchin football over here every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a shout mate if you need any help.Its about time us saints over here got our arse in gear and start a supporters club etc. FFS its near as cheap going to saints every other week than it is watchin football over here every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell me about it, went to linfield newry a while back - train, match ticket, beer money etc......

im just back from the stockport game- was about 18k at it. im back over now for the mk dons game on the 9th (me and my brother) and then back over for the pompey game.

But yeah this supporters club needs to get on the road, i just flew back today into dublin and there was about 30 leeds fans waiting for a bus to bring them home. their league one just like us at the moment so no excuse why we can't do something like that.

seen redfunnel (isle of white ferry group) offer 15% discount for saints fans with season ticket on match days, no reason why we can't approach flybe (our club sponsor) to do the same or simular for us!! (we casn try at least!!)

anyway - http://www.irishsaints.ie is just the starting point. I got a big banner produced aswell so u'll see that at the pompey game!

The ticket details have been announced and i cant make head nor tail of it lol.I am a member so will i be able to purchase tickets online?If not do you know what way i will be able to get them?

season ticket holders can buy till 3rd feb (1 ticket only) then they go on linked sale which means you must buy a ticket for another match aswell - they wont reach general sale. u said you going with the wee lad? - you should be able to get into the chapel end and it will prob cost you half nothing to bring the wee lad then

season ticket holders can buy till 3rd feb (1 ticket only) then they go on linked sale which means you must buy a ticket for another match aswell - they wont reach general sale. u said you going with the wee lad? - you should be able to get into the chapel end and it will prob cost you half nothing to bring the wee lad then

Cheers mate will do that it will save a few quid.As for the banner it looks good will look out for it.Where abouts is your seat at St. Marys?

Howdo fella's

I'm an Irish Saints fan and have been travelling over and back the past few years to games but I am living in the UK now, I get to most home games and will be at the JPT 2nd leg on Tues and hopefully the Pompey game if theres any of you over fancy a few beers?

Irish Saint 83, daft question but is your Dad's name Brendan?

Howdo fella's

I'm an Irish Saints fan and have been travelling over and back the past few years to games but I am living in the UK now, I get to most home games and will be at the JPT 2nd leg on Tues and hopefully the Pompey game if theres any of you over fancy a few beers?

Irish Saint 83, daft question but is your Dad's name Brendan?

no! ill bet at eh jpt game, staying in Jurys for that one - ill be cutting it tight to make southampton - u ever drink in the alfred before hand? if you do, could meet you there or, if u want i could meet you in jurys for about 6:45. if you want to give me your number, do it on the contact us page on http://www.irishsaints.ie - that we its not broadcast here for the world to see!!! ill be at the jpt game with my brother.

Just cancelled the hotel i booked with booking.com.Went direct to the Ibis website and got a room for £42 compared to £60 through booking.com.Sweet.

did you get my email today? i booked through the site and got it for that too. 60 is a bit steep!! u staying there on the friday night? ill be there around 10:00 friday night

did you get my email today? i booked through the site and got it for that too. 60 is a bit steep!! u staying there on the friday night? ill be there around 10:00 friday night

Yes staying there on Friday night.We are gettin the early flight to Bristol so should be in Southampton by 2 or 3.Then on the lash yee haa

Leeds game on Sat. 13th March.Just priced this game and from Belfast City to Southampton is £29.99 on the early flight.Coming back from Bristol for £28.99 or £24.99 on the later flight with Easyjet.Seriously considering this as it was the game that was linked to the pompey tickets which irishsaint83 so kindly organised for me.Does anyone else fancy this game?

Leeds game on Sat. 13th March.Just priced this game and from Belfast City to Southampton is £29.99 on the early flight.Coming back from Bristol for £28.99 or £24.99 on the later flight with Easyjet.Seriously considering this as it was the game that was linked to the pompey tickets which irishsaint83 so kindly organised for me.Does anyone else fancy this game?

I've just booked my flights for the Leeds game mate. Heading out on Sat 13 March on the 07.15 from Belfast City to Southampton with Flybe but I'm coming back with Ryanair from Bristol on Sun 14 March to Belfast City at 09.10 for £10. I'll probably book into a B & B in Bristol for the Sat night. I've also booked my Pompey ticket today & will also be staying in the IBIS hotel on the night before the game.

I've just booked my flights for the Leeds game mate. Heading out on Sat 13 March on the 07.15 from Belfast City to Southampton with Flybe but I'm coming back with Ryanair from Bristol on Sun 14 March to Belfast City at 09.10 for £10. I'll probably book into a B & B in Bristol for the Sat night. I've also booked my Pompey ticket today & will also be staying in the IBIS hotel on the night before the game.

Nice one.I think i will go to that game too.What flight you gettin to the pompey game?

Nice one.I think i will go to that game too.What flight you gettin to the pompey game?

I'm heading over on the 6.30pm to Bristol on the Friday evening then getting the train onto Southampton. I hope to be in Southampton for just after 10pm. Coming back on the Saturday night from Bristol on the 8.05pm. Both flights are with Ryanair.

I'm heading over on the 6.30pm to Bristol on the Friday evening then getting the train onto Southampton. I hope to be in Southampton for just after 10pm. Coming back on the Saturday night from Bristol on the 8.05pm. Both flights are with Ryanair.

I think we are all on the 8:05 from bristol so we can catch the train together after kicking pompeys ass.

As for the Leeds game, i'm going to book the sat morn flight - city to southampton - not sure yet which flight ill get back yet thought, it is possible to go to gatwick after the game and catch the last flight back to dublin which i might do - just make a day trip out of it.

I think we are all on the 8:05 from bristol so we can catch the train together after kicking pompeys ass.

As for the Leeds game, i'm going to book the sat morn flight - city to southampton - not sure yet which flight ill get back yet thought, it is possible to go to gatwick after the game and catch the last flight back to dublin which i might do - just make a day trip out of it.

Im gonna book the early flight with flybe now from Belfast.As for the way back dont know yet as 9.05 from Bristol might be a bit early even though it is cheap.Checked the Ibis again for the Leeds weekend and its still £42 so not bad.Have a good trip to the MK Dons match mate and keep me informed of the score as i will be out on Tuesday night.

Im gonna book the early flight with flybe now from Belfast.As for the way back dont know yet as 9.05 from Bristol might be a bit early even though it is cheap.Checked the Ibis again for the Leeds weekend and its still £42 so not bad.Have a good trip to the MK Dons match mate and keep me informed of the score as i will be out on Tuesday night.

ill send you text updates on score etc!!

Let me know which flight you book for the way back from Bristol after the leeds flight. i might book the same, ill defo be on the early flight from belfast sat morn but actually wouldnt mind a few beers after the game.

ill send you text updates on score etc!!

Let me know which flight you book for the way back from Bristol after the leeds flight. i might book the same, ill defo be on the early flight from belfast sat morn but actually wouldnt mind a few beers after the game.

Yes no problem mate.