Mobility Scooters

St Landrew

I did know this.

I have read in the local paper many instances of these vehicles crashing into parked cars etc in supermarkets, running over kids in the high street , leaving the 'victim' with no chance of claiming from anyone.

I did know this.

I have read in the local paper many instances of these vehicles crashing into parked cars etc in supermarkets, running over kids in the high street , leaving the 'victim' with no chance of claiming from anyone.

You can still take them to court can't you?

Yes, those little electric 3 or 4 wheeled efforts that the disabled and elder members of the population run around on do not require insurance.

I didn't know this little fact, did you..?

If they go over 8MPH, then they require insurance, Tax, Registration, etc.

Did you know that? Although 8MPh should be their top speed.

Edited by Um Bongo

Do they undertake any training or road awareness before they are issued with one?

I have seen numerous people on these devices blithely driving up dual-carraiagways or trying to manoeuvre around busy roundabouts.

They cause utter mayhem and I do wonder at times if they are safe to use on the roads, assuming they should be used on the higways in the first place.

If they go over 8MPH, then they require insurance, Tax, Registration, etc.

Did you know that? Although 8MPh should be their top speed.

No, I thought they all required insurance.

I also believe it's actually getting to the time where cyclists should have some nominal form of insurance.